In August 2007 I joined my local YMCA. You may be saying, ‘yeah, so what’ but it was a big step for this exercise hater. I lost my weight by eating healthy and "staying active". What’s staying active you ask? Well I answered it way back in this post, to sum it up I meant getting out, going for walks, dancing with the toddler and over all just moving more. That worked for me (I did lose almost 70lbs!) but I feel a consistent workout routine with weight training is a healthier way to go. In the past, I was never able to stick with a routine for very long, life always seemed to get in the way and I didn’t make working out a priority.
On this page I plan to track my workout progress much like I do with my weight. My philosophy is to stay true to the journal and that’s exactly what I plan to do. So stop back and check up on me now and then. If you notice a break in my progress by all means give me a virtual kick in the butt. I’ll probably need it!
2009 Workout Tracking
As of Monday April 3, I will be following this basic routine… Why? Ummm… not sure… some where, some how, along this journey I’ve become a fitness fanatic!
- Sunday – Long Run day – increasing in mileage as I work my way up to the 1/2 and full marathons.
- Monday – Weight Training (will post more detail on calendar)
- Tuesday – 2-4 mile run and/or sprints paying attention to my knee and reducing distance when I need to
- Wednesday – AM Weight Training – PM 20 minutes on bike + yoga to help stretching
- Thursday – Workout with "the girls" (trainers other clients we have fun together) and a short run and/or sprints
- Friday – Weight Training (will post more detail on calendar)
- Saturday – Off
2008 Workout Tracking
November – December Continued with trainer but my running and cardio seriously decreased.
October – Signed up with a personal trainer.
June – First half of the month I was lifting and running consistently. Second half was post surgery. Didn’t workout after June 17.
March-May – Continued to lift free weights, varying upper and lower body 2-3 times a week. Started RUNNING! Signed up for my first 5K.
February – Could have worked out more but added free weights. Training to meet my goals.
January – Continued to do Nautilus Machines and 30-60 minutes of cardio
2007 Workout Totals
August – December
My first few months I tracked using a system at the gym
|Total Wt lifted