One Mom’s Journey from Fat to Skinny to Confident


A Post-Comp, Dinosaur-Filled Sensational Sunday

2 Comments 1524 views

I was all psyched to post tonight but now all I want to do is go to bed. I just want to clock out for the day. This is happening more and more the older I get. I feel like I hit a saturation point with responsibilities and then I’m done mentally.

That said, I really want to take a moment to tell you about my weekend!

Yesterday was my third showing at the annual Gemini games. My traditional partner didn’t want to compete but another friend stepped in and we had a blast!

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 6.47.44 PM

The workouts were brutal but we held our own, placing 11th out of 37 scaled female teams.

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 6.48.01 PM

Not bad considering I’ve been pretty distracted and I haven’t really concentrated on training.

This morning I woke up a little sore. I’m always surprised how sore I get after a comp even though I shouldn’t.

The kids and I sat down for a big breakfast first thing this morning. I made my classic pancake/waffle batter for them and a sweet potato and homemade sausage hash for myself.


After breakfast The 10-Year-Old and I went to work. He cleans the bathrooms at the gym for $15 a week while I get some admin stuff done.

Look how enthused he is!


He actually volunteered to do it because he can make money. I was the same way when I was a kid — I always had a job.

The way I see it, I’d rather pay him for his “job” than his “chores” at home.  This way he learns he has to contribute at home because he’s a member of the family not because he gets paid for it and he learns the value of earning his own money.

We got home for lunch, ate together and then I took this little guy out for a Mother-Son date.


Discover the Dinosaurs was in town and I just had to take him. He’s at his peak of dinosaur love!


We had a pretty good time but I must say the show was very disappointing. It was outrageously expensive and basically set up for you to spend even more money once you got inside.

The lines were long, the options limited and the staff unfriendly but he got to sit on a dinosaur!

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 6.48.11 PM

And that made his day. He’s been asking to go back all evening.

Once we got home I made tuna steaks for dinner (totally forgot to take a pic) and cleaned up. I didn’t get much prep work done for the week but I got to spend time with both boys, my laundry is done and the house is not as big of a disaster zone as it normally is.

I’m calling that a win.

Oh! And I kept my food journal again today. Whole30 is still going strong. I just took a break from journaling because of the comp. That day is just too crazy.

Leave a comment

I’d love to hear your story or thoughts on mine.

However, to prevent the massive amounts of spam I was receiving I have turned off comments on any post older than 5 days old. If you'd like to leave me a note regarding this post or anything really try me on twitter (@RoniNoone,) my Facebook page, or even IG (@RoniNoone) I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I never thought I'd have to do this but it's gotten way out of hand and comment management has become simply too time consuming to manage.


There are 2 comments so far.


    January 17, 2016

    I saw a commercial for that dinosaur show the other day, but I’d heard awful reviews the last time it came through town, we decided to skip it. Folks were saying the same exact things your did. :/ Sorry it sucked, but glad the kiddo had some fun!

    Christina Paul

    January 18, 2016

    Congrats on the competition. I admire you for pushing yourself each and every time. I’m using you as motivation to kick things up a notch for myself. Thanks for the post!