… still a thing!
After 10 years I struggle with this, especially at night.
Normally I can keep it in check but lately…. not so much. I think a little extra accountability though the holidays may need to be in effect so I kept a food journal today.
No fancy pictures or anything, I just kept it in text on my phone.
- Post-Workout: 2:1:1 recovery shake made with one scoop after my workout
- Breakfast: Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal Cup (they sent me samples) and a hard-boiled egg.
- Pre-Lunch Snack: Cup of Lentil Soup With Ground Turkey and Kale
- Lunch: Chipotle salad with brown rice, chicken, veggies, salsa, guac and extra lettuce.
- Dinner: Homemade shrimp pasta with garlic and broccoli. This one I do have a photo (and story) of!
Dinner was shrimp pasta with garlic and broccoli. The whole family helped me make it after work and then we sat down without the tv and talked. No arguing, no what-did-you-do-today-nothings. No complaining about what we were eating. Nothing! Then, the 10-year-old said he was full, got up and cleaned his place without having to be asked. I nearly fainted. I’m sharing this for 2 reasons… 1. To focus on something positive so I remember this when I want to wring their annoying little necks. And 2. To give a shout out to all the parents fighting the good fight. All the aggravation will one day pay off!!
Post-Dinner Snack: Normally my over-the-top eating-when-I’m-not-hungry time — I made myself a hot cocoa and mixed it with a large spiced tea. It was delicious, cured my craving for something sweet and, coming in at 22 ounces of liquid, filled me up. Of course now I’ll probably wake up 3 times to pee in the middle of the night but you’ll have this.
Oh! and I also took my supplements. I’ve been slacking on them lately.