I’ve been wanting to blog for days now yet every time I sit down at my computer I’m either distracted, exhausted or simply stuck in my own head, which is silly because blogging has always been the best “getting out of my head” tool I have.
So I’m going to just start typing. Taking it day by day.
I competed at Leader of the Pack, a local CrossFit competition for the third consecutive year.
I’m proud of my performance. I even held on to a top 5 spot until the very end when the workout included my nemesis… PULL-UPS!
Regardless, I placed higher than I did last year, which was my goal. I’m making progress! Next year I’ll officially be a “Master” aka “Old Person Division” BUT I may continue to compete with the young’uns. It makes me feel good that I can hold my own with them, especially considering I didn’t find fitness until my 30s and a lot of these women have always been athletes.
After the comp I came home and did a lot of this.
I had WORK.
Ha! Still cracks me up to say that. The 10-Year-Old came with me while I worked in the office at the gym catching up on all the admin stuff I need to learn.
He loves coming with me. It makes me smile. Now I just have to work on getting our kids classes back. We miss them dearly since the trainer left. I’m still toying with the idea of getting certified but haven’t been able to bite that bullet yet.
One baby step at time.
Right now I’m focused on building community and managing the gym.
Overall Sunday was a blur. After we closed the gym it was grocery store time and then — BAM — bed time. I really had no idea where the day went.
First day to try out my new schedule of gym, breakfast with the boys, back to the gym, my work, homework, dinner, bed. The Husband had tennis and I actually crashed before he came home at 9:30. It was a glorious night of sleep.
That brings me to today.
I’m making progress with organization of the gym, our social presence and planning a few events over the next couple of months. I can’t lie, it’s overwhelming. There’s lots of ideas, opinions and people to make happy. Right now I’m just trying to wrap my head around it all.
In other news…
- I pulled a muscle in my lower back yesterday and I’ve been quite miserable about it. I took it easy at the gym this morning but I’m pissed it happened during a test-out week with our new programming.
- I was keeping my food journal until the comp on the weekend. There’s just so much going on there I can’t keep it up. I tried to start it Sunday and Monday but then I got distracted. Today I’m committing to it.
- I also haven’t posted a #loving39 photo since Saturday. I just needed a few days to adjust but I’m getting there. Today I plan on taking a slow afternoon run before bus stop pick up. Some sunshine will do me good.
- Poor GreenLiteBites has seen no updates since last week. I photographed two dishes but I can’t even remember what they are right now!
- I got my first sales report from What You Can When You Can. I can’t lie. It was a bit disappointing. Carla and I talked about this on last week’s podcast — I’m a horrible salesperson. I need to get better at it. I like to do things not talk about doing things, but sometimes you have to do something and then promote that something, which takes away time for doing something else and I don’t like that. <– Does that make sense? It’s pretty much the story of my life.
That’s it from me right now. I’m off to take that run. Stay tuned later this week for a fun video and review I’ve been working on the past couple of days!