I had all intentions of posting a traditional Sensational Sunday yesterday until the 10-year-old decided to be goofy at the park and fell. At first I thought it was broken but we got away with just a sprain.
Anywho … I had a pretty laid-back weekend. After an awesome partner workout on Saturday morning, a group of us went for a hike to our favorite swimming hole and had lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon The Husband took the boys to play tennis and I got the whole house all to myself! That never happens! I snapped this photo…
… and did nothing.
Nothing at all.
And it was glorious.
Sunday I was a bit more productive in the morning.
The kids did their chores…
…while I prepped for the week.
- Hard-boiled eggs — click here for my fool proof easy peel method.
- Single servings of steel-cut oats soaked in egg white for my new smoothie breakfast idea — click here for the recipe.
- Banana-Oat Cups for the kids, which they devoured already — click here for the recipe.
That’s all I had in me to do yesterday. I feel like I’m doing a whole of nothing and everything at the same time. Does that even make any sense?
It’s not helping that I’m leaving for Ohio tomorrow to help Mom with Judy’s service dog training.
Anyone remember this? Well, it’s come to fruition!
Cowboy is being trained to aid in behavior disruption, tethering, tracking and scent/seizure work for my niece Judy. There’s just less than two more weeks of training/testing to be completed and then — fingers crossed — Cowboy will be a full-fledged service dog.
Mom needs another adult to attend training so I’m heading to Ohio tomorrow. The next two weeks will be tough as I’m missing the first couple of weeks of school, but it’s all good. The kids will get to spend some quality time with Dad while I get a girl’s getaway with Mom and Judy. Well, it’s not quite the relaxing getaway I’d like to spend with Mom, but we’ll still have fun. We always do.
This morning I shipped Ryan off to 5th grade. I’m nodding my head in disbelief as I type this. My motivation turned workout partner really is growing up fast! They both are.
Ha! I just noticed I totally forgot about my blue shirt tradition!
So the next few weeks are going to be crazy. I was hoping to get into a new routine but it’s just going to have to wait. This is when #wycwyc means the most to me. :)
I’m toying with daily journaling while there, if only to keep me more accountable. I’ve been quite the bottomless pit lately and my late-night snacking is out of control.
Then again…. it may be easier without The Husband and his constant junk food around. We’ll see. I’ll definitely be posting on Instagram. That’s for sure.
In other news:
- I finally posted all the photos from my Wyoming adventure with the boys! — Click here to check it out.
- I’m off the powdered recovery shake mix and now make my own using steel-cut oats and liquid egg whites. Click here to check it out, this was my breakfast this morning.
- The #wycwyc podcast has been on hiatus. Carla and I have just been too busy to sit down and record. As soon as I’m back from Ohio we will be in the groove again.