This message was left on the What You Can When You Can (#wycwyc) Facebook page and it totally made my day:
It’s like I wrote this book! My wonderful friend of 20 years gave it to me after she witnessed my 90 lb loss. I identify with every single sentence on every page. I can’t wait to share it with a weightloss group I am part of. Every sentiment resonates deep within me. After so long (my entire life) of being overweight, it is crazy to think how much my life has changed. Thanks for this book. Thanks for the continuing inspiration. And thank you, Christine, for sharing it with me. #wycwyc for life!
I can’t lie. It’s wonderful when folks respond to the book and it inspires them. I love that people love it — have you seen our reviews on Amazon so far? Exciting! but it’s extremely validating to have someone else who has successfully lost weight and changed their life relate to it so much!
It makes me feel a little less crazy. Like I’m not the only insane person in the room waving her hands up and down saying, no… really… keep going.. baby steps matter! Little things count! You’ll never be perfect and that’s OK … just. keep. moving. forward.
In other news…
- I posted the Blueberry Avocado Salsa recipe
- New #wycwyc podcast is up this week!
- We finally updated the travel blog a few days ago. It’s been in desperate need of some attention.
- 7:30 a.m. Post-workout Recover Shake (1 scoop)
- 8:15 a.m. some fruit with the kids (apple and raspberries)
- 10:30 a.m. Dunkin Donuts turkey sausage and egg flatbread with a large unsweetened iced tea while out running (walking) errands with the 10-year-old. I rarely eat stuff like this anymore. It wasn’t that good. Next time I shall better prepare. :)
- 1:30 p.m. leftover turkey burger I found in the freezer. It went perfectly with the Asian Almond Cabbage Slaw!
- 6 p.m. Spinach beet salad with pumpkin seeds, walnuts, goat cheese, beets, oranges, and grilled chicken. A piece of bread and a few of The Husband’s fries.
- 9 p.m. chips and salsa
- 6 a.m. class – I’m still battling a head cold but mushed through today as we worked on a 3 rep max of Push Press. I did:
3 @ 33 lbs
3 @ 63 lbs
3 @ 83 lbs
3 @ 98 lbs
3 @ 108 lbs
2 @ 118 lbs <- I could have gotten it but lost my form! Tried again but was too fatigued to do it again
3 @ 108 lbs
3 @ 108 lbs
I did today’s workout as prescribed but VERY slow (last in the class AGAIN) at 17:01. It was 3 rounds of:
21 box jumps
15 Thruster Clusters @ 65 lbs (Thruster but back to the ground each time)
I’m also working on a new pull up routine (I haven’t forgotten my goal!) so I did 2 sets of 25 lat pull downs. I’m going to share my new idea in real time as I work on them and then write a post with the results because I’ve been pretty stagnant with only being able to do about a pull-up and a half.
- 9 a.m. walk with the wagon to school and errands. ~ 2 mile
- 6:30 p.m. after dinner walk ~1 mile