We made it! There was a boatload of traffic, a few whines, a yell or two but it was all worth it. We’re now settled in the rental, the kids are asleep and I have a Corona in my hand.
I’m challenging myself to share a food and activity journal through the week so here goes…
- 7 a.m. Banana Almond Oat Pancakes with added chocolate chips
- 8 a.m. Hit the gym. I had time since we packed last night and didn’t plan on leaving until late morning. Today’s workout was crazy! I scaled it to:
8:00 AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
200 meter run
8 Behind the head tricep extensions with 30 lbs
8 Air Squat + Jump to 6″
200 meter row
10 Hand release push ups
5 Power clean and push jerk @ 75lbs
30 Double unders
10 Walking Lunges
- 9:30 a.m. I ate leftover chicken tenders and broccoli when I got back from the gym. They were leftover from last night.
- 11 a.m. Split a frozen lemonade with Ryan in the car on the way to the beach.
- 2 p.m. 1 scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream at our traditional stop. I snapped this photo and The Husband’s expression cracked me up. We hit a LOT of traffic and he was frazzled.
- 4 p.m. Small handful of Sun Chips while unpacking. My stomach was growling.
- 5:30 p.m. My first slice of NJ pizza! Get used to seeing this in the journal this week. It’s a staple while we’re here.
- 8 p.m. Another slice. This time broccoli. :) We always walk the entire boardwalk the first night. It’s a tradition.
- 9:30 p.m. Split a child-sized chocolate soft serve. I don’t tell him we’re splitting; I just refrain from ordering one for myself, wait about 5 minutes and then enjoy Evan’s when he declares, “I’m done” and hands me his cup.
- 10:30 p.m. Beer with the hubby while watching The Longest Yard. We just started the movie. I have a feeling I’ll be asleep as soon as I close this laptop.