Tonight I confessed to one of the trainers at the gym my secret desire to compete in the Baltimore Open. The Baltimore Open is an Olympic lifting event the gym hosts in February and the past 2 years I’ve watched in awe. I even posted a few videos last year of my friends who participated.
We chatted on Facebook about it and of course I felt the need to over explain myself as usual:
I know I really don’t have any chance to be competitive but it’s fun. I was never an athlete and didn’t start taking fitness stuff seriously until my mid-30s. Now it’s more of a passion than anything else.
His response couldn’t have been any better.
That’s all that matters.
Being better than you thought you could be
It’s exactly what I needed to hear because I’m already better than I thought I could be. And by “better” I just mean I’m doing things I never thought I could do.
And I’m really curious what else I’m capable of.
- 7:30 a.m. egg and egg white scrambled with sausage, spinach and mushroom with a drizzle of sriracha
- 10 a.m. more mulberries — I can’t help myself. They are so good and just sitting on that tree with no one else to pick them!
- 1:15 p.m. ANOTHER cheeseburger salad using a leftover patty from last night. I really am obsessed. I love the avocado, sweet pickle, and burger combo on a salad too much.
- 4 p.m. Some Aldi veggie chips with Ryan after school.
- 6:30 p.m. Cobb salad at Chick-Fil-A with grilled chicken and a few of the kid’s fries.
- 7:30 p.m. Took the kids to get frozen yogurt and made a small cup with coconut and chocolate hazelnut and then topped it with a small amount of almonds, coconut and blueberries — great combo!
- 9:30 a.m. 2 mile walk to and from Evan’s school
- 5:30 p.m. #milestreak run and some stretches at the gym while the boys were in their class.