A few months ago I blogged about a new Tuesday Tradition. The kids and I would go to the gym and then we’d stop at Chick-Fil-A for dinner on the way home. Tuesday happens to be their kids’ night so we always end up leaving looking like this:
The gym stopped kids’ classes because the coach was on maternity leave for a few weeks. When they announced she was coming back both boys were ecstatic and they did such good job today.
That’s all I’ve got tonight. It’s been another non-stop day.
- 5:45 a.m. oatmeal with frozen blueberries and a drizzle of honey on the way to the gym.
- 7:15 a.m. Post-workout shake (1/2 scoop).
- 10 a.m. 2 eggs scrambled with leftover potato, broccoli and ham. Drizzled with sriracha
- 12:45 p.m. The Husband wanted to go to lunch so we compromised and I brought a homemade salad to eat at the food court so he could get a cheesesteak and we could do a lap around the mall. I tossed kale, spinach, quinoa, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, feta, and blueberries with a simple homemade balsamic dressing.
- 4:30 p.m. Made a serving of nachos using leftovers and it was divine. 9 blue corn chips, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 leftover burger, salsa, cheese.
- 6:45 p.m. Chick-Fil-A Cobb Salad with grilled chicken and honey mustard dressing. NO FRIES — I know. I hardly believe it myself.
- 6 a.m. workout – It was find a new 1 rep max for back squat. I almost failed at 160 so I stopped there. The workout was a combination of jump rope, overhead squats, and dead lifts. It was a killer and I reduced the prescribed weights by a top using 55lbs for the overhead squats and 123 for the dead lifts. I also did half double unders.
- 9 a.m. 2-mile run/walk to Evan’s preschool
- 5:30 practice some Olympic lifts for this Saturday’s competition while the kids were in class.