1. The more you stand up for yourself the easier it gets.
Today I had to get stern with a potential FitBloggin’ sponsor. Normally I’m the “nice” one letting people in for free, giving away lots of extras, letting them change plans at the last minute, but today I refused to undervalue myself and I feel good about that.
2. When you hold your ground with a stubborn kid it’s always worth it.
Tonight Evan didn’t want dinner. I’m not one to force feed kids so after he took 1 bite of everything he was allowed to get down. Of course, 10 minutes later he wanted a snack. I told him he needed to eat his dinner, which resulted in a lot of whining and crying. So I got firm and gave him a choice: dinner or bed.
He chose dinner, ate it, had a snack (dessert) and then went to bed.
I will take this as a mommy-win.
3. Kids can learn more than just fitness at the gym.
Tonight at the kids gym class the trainer had Evan practicing his numbers!
I’m so proud of my boys who want to go to the gym any chance they get. They try new things, meet new friends and get to see mommy working out. The foundation is set for sure! Their trainer posted this today in our group…
Week after week, I see Ryan push through workouts even harder then the class before. I’ve watched him grow in just a few short weeks into more then just a #CrossFitKids participant. Ryan is a true athlete. He asks questions, thinks about the best way to complete the workout, competes with the others (modestly of course), and strives to be better. I’m very proud of his awesomeness.
Not going to lie… tears.
4. When you want something sweet at night a small amount of tart juice is really satisfying!
I had a cup of grapefruit juice with my vitamins and it totally hit the spot! No snacks for me tonight!
5. When you’re tired, you should go to bed.
- 7:15 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop).
- 8 a.m. oatmeal with added flax and cocoa nibs instead of chocolate chips
- 11:45 a.m. Grilled cheese and avocado sandwich with chicken, bacon and mixed greens — working on a few recipe for the California Avocado Commission!
- 2:30 p.m. Tortilla chips and salsa — total stress snack
- 4:30 p.m. Some orange-pineapple juice. I was making a marinade and it looked so refreshing!
- 7 p.m. Pork chops marinated in pineapple-orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, allspice and thyme with a side of roasted Brussels Sprouts and baked sweet potato. I also eat The Husband’s white potato skin because he’s silly and doesn’t.
- 9 p.m. I was having a serious snack attack so I took my supplements with some grapefruit juice. Totally did the trick. The sweet-tart was totally satisfying.
- 6 a.m. Ran a mile for #milestreak than worked on Turkish Get-Ups
1 on each side a @ 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 lbs. <– My goal is to be able to do it with the 60 lb KB!
- 9 a.m. 2-mile walk to and from Evan’s school
- 5:30 p.m. Practiced kipping and did some ab work while the kids took their class. Worked on side plank and plank with 45lbs plate (did 2 – 1 minute holds!)