No, not those type of nuggets! Just little things I want to share on this busy Monday.
The first one is inspired by the 9-Year-Old. When I ask him to do something, anything from folding his clothes to making toast, he has a habit of responding,
“But I’m not good at it.”
It drives me nuts! I immediately say,
“Well, how do you think you’ll get good at it?”
BY DOING IT!
I hate helplessness. It’s just a pet peeve and I had to get that off my chest.
My second little nugget was shared on the wycwyc blog today — click here to see the post. The line I can’t get out of my head is:
Do the good work without an attachment to the outcome.
This is totally how I feel about where I have ended on my crazy weight-loss-maintenance-fitness journey.
Really let that line sink in your brain for a minute. It’s similar to falling in love with the process and not just the goal. That shift is HUGE and really helped me stop the crazy yo-yo habit I used to have.
Finally — and this is in my food journal but it’s such as awesome food nugget I had to share it here — these two words.
Why didn’t anyone tell me it was so good! I’m obsessed. Click here to check out my latest recipe for the California Avocado Commission.
OK, that’s all I’ve got. Considering I overslept today I probably should be in bed already. :)
- 9 a.m. Muesli soaked in almond milk overnight
- 10 a.m. Fresh pineapple on my way to a school assembly
- 11 a.m. Taste tests at the grocery store of cheese and salami
- 12:30 p.m. The Ultimate Breakfast Avocado Toast for lunch plus an extra hard-boiled egg and some carrot sticks.
- 3 p.m. Greek yogurt with blueberries, sunflower seeds and honey
- 7 p.m. Grilled tilapia with Brussels sprout rice.
- 9:30 p.m. grapes with the husband. We are making an effort to snack healthier!
- 7:50 a.m. run/walk to Evan’s school
- 4:30 p.m. I overslept this morning and missed the 6 a.m. so I juggled a few things so I could go in the afternoon. We’re testing push press and I hit a new personal record at 128 lbs for 1 rep.
- Water? OK.
- Supplements taken