Little Bean and I decided to walk to school this morning without the carriage.
Which ended like this.
I only have a few more months of being able to do that so I’m taking an advantage. The bean in getting BIG and big FAST!
When I got back I had to run to Ryan’s school for a photo with the Fit Club. We wrapped up the year and plan on doing it again next year which I guess is a good transitions for this photo I posted on IG today.
Another gym member finished the workout early and went around taking photos of everyone. My caption for the photo was:
This is how I start almost everyday. My brain thinks I’m crazy but my heart loves every minute of it.
I can’t believe the progress I’ve made and I’m fascinated to see how far I can go.
@Paulalynnallen commented and said,
Wow… Just curious! Have you changed your eating to the iifym? You seem very happy!
I’ll be honest, I couldn’t figure out what iifym meant but her comment about being happy really made my day. I HAVE been happy lately and I think it’s because I finally figured this out:
“Healthy striving is self-focused: “How can I improve?” Perfectionism is other-focused: “What will they think?” ― Brené Brown
Carla and I talked about it in today’s #wycwyc podcast — click here to check it out.
I got another question on that photo from @jenniegift,
I have been going to 6am class at my box too. How do you fuel your workout that early in the am?
Boy do I wish had the answer for that! I’m still trying to figure it out. Right now I either go on an empty stomach, have an granola bar, apple with peanut butter, a banana, or oatmeal. Today I tried a slice of toast sunflower seed butter which was pretty perfect.
The weird thing about eating that early is I end with having like 3 breakfasts. Which is why I think the idea of 3 meals a day is kind of bogus.
- 5:45 a.m. Slice of toast with sunflower seed butter.
- 7:15 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop).
- 10 a.m. 1 egg + egg whites scrambled with ham and spinach.
- 12:45 p.m. Raw Beet and Apple Salad – Recipe coming soon! — Update: POSTED! Click here.
- 3:20 p.m. Ham and cheese Quinoa — you are going to think I’m crazy but I made a big batch of quinoa this morning to keep in the fridge for quick meals. While putting it away I thought, hmmm what can whip up real fast. It’s basically a ham and cheese sandwich turned into a quinoa bowl. I added cubed ham, cubed cheese, a good whole grain mustard and tossed everything together. It was delish!
- 6 p.m. Bacon Cheeseburger Salad — one of my all time favs!
- 8:30 p.m. Popcorn with The Boys while watching survivor made like this.
- 6 a.m. Workout: Warm up 400 meter run + group stretch
10 @ 33 lbs
10 @ 68 lbs
10 @ 78 lbs
8 @ 98 lbs
6 @ 103
4 @ 108
1 @ 118 <– was supposed to do 3 – failed twice
0 @ 123 <– was supposed to do 2 but I could only get 113 for one more.
I scaled today’s working by dropping the full squat clean weight to 88 lbs and doing a combination of negative pull-ups and ring rows instead of pull-up. I was the last one done.. again.
3 Rounds (no idea how long it took me — forgot to look)
7 Full Squat Cleans at 88 lbs
4 Negative Pull-ups
10 ring rows
20 box jumps (24in)
- 8:30 a.m. 2 mile walk to take Evan to School
- 1 p.m. 1/2 mile lunch time walk
- Water ok
- supplements taken
- antibiotics taken