We made it! After a 26-hour train ride we arrived in New Orleans last night ready to go. This was the view from the window as we rode over Lake Pontchartrain.
The train ride was really fun and relaxing but after 26 hours we were both hitting our limit. It was time to get off. I can’t wait to gather all my thoughts about train travel for TheUnworldlyTravelers.
We got into New Orleans pretty much when we expected (7:30ish) and walked to the hotel (see note below in my activity journal). Then it was showers and our first New Orleans restaurant experience.
We tried turtle soup and shared some appetizers.
I tried to split an entree with The Husband but he was wan’t havin’ it. So I settled on fish in a bag, which was delish!
We were only out for a few hours but we are already having a blast!
I can’t wait to see what’s in store tomorrow.
- 9:30 a.m. veggie omelet with bacon, a side of potatoes, a whole wheat biscuit and hot tea. I skipped half the potatoes and enjoyed the biscuit with a tad of butter and honey. (I finally realized I can embed Instagram photos…)
- 11:30 a.m. hit my jerky stash
- 1:30 p.m. grilled chicken salad. I removed most of the croutons, light on the dressing so I can get the mousse cup again like yesterday. It was a little chocolate bite of heaven.
- 6 p.m. black bean burger. Skipped the bun and enjoyed some fries.
- 10 p.m. See above. We also had some wine and split a chocolate hazelnut pudding dessert that was out of this WORLD!
- Not much being stuck on the train, but I persuaded The Husband to walk the half mile with me to the hotel and we carried all our luggage. I loved it. Him? Not so much.