My friend Sara (awesome blogger by the way — click here to check her out) posted this photo on Facebook with the question:
Do you enjoy the path or thinking about the destination more?
Path for sure. Destinations are only temporary spots anyway.
Which they are, aren’t they? Literally and figuratively.
Think about any goal — weight loss, fitness, school, work, whatever — when you get there what happens next?
Isn’t life just one big path?
- 7:30 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop)
- 9:15 a.m. 1 of these pancakes with a few chocolate chips in it (4-year-old request) and a hard-boiled egg
- 11:30 a.m. Handful of sunflower seed kernels and dried cranberries — I knew I wasn’t going to have time for lunch right away and I had to take my antibiotics with food.
- 2 p.m. BUSY day… finally took a break and made a sandwich like this but meatier and with a little more cheese. Also paired with some baby carrots.
- 4 p.m. Stomach rumbling – Green beans with hummus
- 6 p.m. Pan-fried pork chop, Red Potatoes Roasted With Rosemary and Mustard and a side of mixed vegetables
- 9 p.m. Nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries, honey and sunflower seeds.
- 6 a.m. workout:
Warm up was some double unders, kettle bells swings and hang cleans
10 @ 33 lbs
10 @ 63 lbs
10 @ 78 lbs
8 @ 93 lbs
6 @ 98 lbs
4 @ 108 lbs
3 @ 113 lbs
2 @ 118 lbs <– Surprised myself here. Felt strong.
This morning’s workout was as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
50 Double Unders
20 Kettle Bells Swings at 50lbs
7 Push Jerk @ 98 lbs
I modified the push jerk weight for my level. I almost finished 3 rounds. I took it slow as the double’s really knocks me our cardio-wise.
- 2 p.m. About a mile stroll while on a business call. I took it outside. It was just too nice out!
- 6:40 p.m. After dinner walk with the family and a game of freeze dodgeball. It’s our new thing.
- 9:30 p.m. Stretching before bed!
- Antibiotics taken
- Supplements taken
- Water OK
- Feeling SO MUCH better!