Well, New Orleans, really, but we passed through Atlanta.
It’s 3:30 a.m. and I’m wide awake on the top bunk of our roomette. The Husband and I are headed to New Orleans for our Anniversary trip.
I’m planning a whole post about the train experience on the travel blog soon but right now all I’ll say is, it’s awesome!
Awesome except for the lack of WiFi! So I’m burning up my data plan just to post this really quick. Well, that and since I fell asleep right after dinner watching some horrible movie The Husband downloaded to his tablet – now I can’t sleep!
We’re having a blast so far. It’s been nice to disconnect a bit and just talk. Both of us have been so busy lately.
I still kept my food journal today and plan on doing so throughout vacation. I’m in a groove with it now and find it easy to quickly jot down what I’m eating in a draft post on my phone throughout the day.
We arrive in New Orleans tonight at 7, so all my meals will be on the train today. It should be interesting.
Ok, I’m going to sign off and try to get back to sleep. The Husband is snoring beneath me on the bottom bunk!
- 5:45 a.m. half a banana on the way to the gym
- 7:30 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop)
- Noon Supermarket sushi, seaweed salad and a few bits of some chicken tenders. picked up while grabbing groceries for the kids.
- 4:45 p.m. Popcorn while waiting for the train.
- 6 p.m. beef jerky on train. The Husband wanted to do a late dinner but I was hungry.
- 7:45 p.m. vodka and Mio on the train with The Hubs
- 8:30 p.m. Dinner on the train. I chose the “healthy” option on the menu which was a side salad, eye round steak, couscous and veggies. The couscous was HORRIBLE so I ended up swapping it for half of The Husband’s giant baked potato. I also had the chocolate mousse, which was AMAZING.
- 6 a.m. workout:
Front Squat (hold 2 seconds at the bottom)
5 @ 33lbs
5 @ 63lbs
5 @ 83lbs
5 @ 93lbs
5 @ 98lbs
5 @ 108lbs
Turkish Get-Ups (1 each side) 35lbs – 45lbs – 55lbs (Failed on the way down on right side)
Bridge with 35lbs bar — Sally
Practiced Double Unders – unbroken short ladder – 10 – 20 – 30 – 20 – 10
- No supplements
- water great!
- Feel a little bloated today. Abs are sore from one of my workouts this week.