I totally turned around what could have been a crappy day.
This morning was a mess with a squished in, excessively long, doctor’s appointment, a missed field trip, a broken plate and a forgotten load of laundry that was sitting in the washer for 2 days.
Then I hit the gym at lunch, got a crap-ton of work done and took the kids to the city for an evening with some friends.
It was gorgeous out! First day (and night) in a long time that had no chill in the air. I loved it! And we had a really good time.
On another note, No Thanks to Cake asked me to guest post about CrossFit and I shared my story from the beginning — click here to check it out. Especially if you are newer to my blog, it gives you a really good overview of my history and journey.
- 8 a.m. 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 leftover baked potato, cubed ham, and leftover broccoli drizzled with sriracha
- 11 a.m. Smoothie
- 2 p.m. Leftover chili I made yesterday with beef, chickpeas, pumpkin and spinach.
- 5 p.m. A handful of fried green beans (Like these) to hold me over. I knew I would be eating late.
- 9 p.m. A cold cut wrap with all the veggies they had and mustard, a handful of Pop Chips on the side and a few bites of The 9-Year-Old’s chicken tenders.
- Noon: I had to skip the morning class as The Husband was away on business so I snuck in my workout at noon. It took some juggling but I’m glad I did it! Warm up was a variety of stretches and such.
Front Squat (I sit at the bottom of the squat for 2 seconds)
10 @ 33 lbs
5 @ 63 lbs
5 @ 83 lbs
5 @ 93 lbs
5 @ 98 lbs
5 @ 108 lbs
5 @ 108 lbs
Workout of the day was an insane combination of box jumps, burpees and front squats. I modified for my level dropping the front squats to 70lbs and upping the box jumps to 24 inches. I ended up with 174 reps.
- Throughout the day: Hit 10,000 steps! I’m testing a new fitness wearable. Will be posting a review soon!
- Water good!
- Supplements taken
- Also on antibiotic for an infection