This post is the complete opposite of yesterday’s. It’s amazing what a productive day can do for your mood and motivation.
First, I kicked off the day with a crazy workout. My gym likes to do fun things on holidays, so we worked in groups of two. My partner and I had a blast. Well, I had a blast — I can’t speak for her. (More details in my journal below.)
I got home and hung out with a kids before shipping them off to school. I decided to walk Evan even though it was cold and I had a busy day ahead. I just wanted a little sunlight and fresh air.
When I got back it was pedal-to-the-metal time. Carla and I recorded this week’s podcast and then I edited and prepped everything for publishing. (It’s live by the way — click here to check it out.)
While I was working on that I got an email saying the book trailer was done. DONE!
I dropped everthing to get it online.
My goal was something informative, inspirational and promotional, and it’s exactly what I envisioned. I am beyond happy with it. Clickspark did an AMAZING job and was a dream to work with.
I’d love your thoughts and if you can share it, please do! I can’t believe how much this little challenge has grown. It’s blowing my mind and the book isn’t even out yet. Speaking of… you can preorder it on Amazon!
As if all of that wasn’t enough Ryan and I had some mother-son time and went on a run/walk before dinner. Oh! And THEN my kids actually ate dinner… without complaint! It was like the icing on the good day cake!
And now I’m off for some TV time with The Husband.
Just a GREAT day. I’m all smiles over here!
- 7 a.m. Recovery shake
- 9 a.m. 1/2 avocado turned into chocolate-peanut butter pudding — I’m working on a new recipe for GLB. It’s not yet ready for prime time but it’s getting there!
- 11 a.m. leftover green beans tossed with a handful of almonds.
- 2 p.m. leftover meatloaf and a large side of broccoli
- 5 p.m. 1/2 banana
- 7 p.m. 3 chicken tacos made with boneless thigh meat, avocado, spinach and cheese on crunchy corn shells.
- 6 a.m. workout: Special April Fool’s Day workout was a partner event. For my half I…
Ran 1 mile
25 Box Jumps
25 Kettle Bell Swings with 40lbs
25 Knee to Elbows
25 Push Press @ 53lbs
25 Back Extensions
25 Wall Balls with 14lb ball
25 Bouble Unders
1 mile run
It was actually kind of fun if you believe it. My partner did the same and we completed it in 39 minutes I think.
- 9 a.m. 2-mile walk to Evan’s school and back.
- 5 p.m. 2 Mile run/walk with the 9-Year-Old — I’m trying to do one conscious afternoon activity a day. It’s my new goal.
- Water could have been better.
- Supplements taken.