That’s how all my days seem lately.
I know it’s taboo to vent on blogs nowadays. How dare someone use their personal corner of cyberspace to sift through their thoughts and talk about their day. Don’t you know how privileged your are? Don’t you know you should be grateful?
Grateful — All. The. Time.
And the truth is I am. I try to be but that doesn’t always work. Sometimes you just feel overwhelmed. Sometimes you question your sanity. You look around your messy desk sifting through tax documents, house appraisals and scribbled recipe notes and wonder how in the heck you are going to get everything on your plate done.
Today truly was non-stop and even though I feel like I didn’t get anything done (because there’s always something else to do) I actually did a lot. From blog posts to client work I rocked my business responsibilities. Sure, I still have a full inbox and lots of naggy loose ends to tidy up on the conference, but I’m making progress day in and day out.
I also submitted my taxes today and the rest of my refinancing paper work (what a nightmare!) Both kids were fed 3 square meals (NOT from a restaurant for a change), one load of laundry got folded, another one started AND I even cleaned up the Easter decorations.
Oh yeah! I also made a new recipe idea for GreenLiteBites AND painted ceramics with the 9-Year-Old and his friend.
Isn’t spring break supposed to be a BREAK?
I already feel better just taking a moment to acknowledge what I did today. YAY for brain dumping on the blog!
I’m logging off to get my stretching done. :)
- 5:45 a.m. half a banana on the way to the gym
- 7:15 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop)
- 8:45 a.m. 2 eggs scrambled with leftover roasted potatoes, leftover roasted asparagus and spinach, plus 2 slices of bacon
- 12:30 a.m. Asian Salad with leftover pork and sunflower seeds. I’m hoping to post about it tomorrow on GreenLiteBites.
- 4 p.m. cup turkey chili with a side of chips
- 6:30 p.m. mish-mash of leftovers — fried rice, pork tenderloin, and some chicken
- 7:30 p.m. Baked Scoops and salsa — not going to lie… total stress snack
- 6 a.m. workout: Warm Up — 250m row + foam rolling, high knees and butt kicks
10 @ 33lbs
10 @ 83lbs
8 @ 108lbs
8 @ 113lbs
6 @ 133lbs
6 @ 138lbs
This morning I did as prescribed a series of burpees, dumbbell thrusters, and rowing.
I ended up doing 44 reps and 86 calories on the rower.
- 9 a.m. 2 mile walk to and from Evan’s school
- 10 p.m. Stretching before bed!
- Supplements taken
- Water OK.