This past Saturday I went to a fun clinic at the gym about Olympic lifting and it was fabulous. Our instructor was emphasizing how important stretching is and said we should pretty much stretch as much as we lift.
I was taken aback. I don’t even come close to stretching that much!
I stopped going to Bikram because the time commitment is just too much for me right now and I can’t find another yoga studio nearby that has classes that will work with my schedule.
I’ve been thinking and talking about incorporating more yoga for months and then it finally hit me: I’m overcomplicating it!
I can do it at home. There are tons of resources online and even on the TV. I know the basic moves. All I need to do is to DO IT! I can #wycwyc it!
So I’m challenging myself to 10 minutes of stretching and yoga before bed.
- 7 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop)
- 8:30 a.m. 2 hard boiled eggs and a large grapefruit
- 11 a.m. Ground Turkey and Butternut Squash Chili over a bed of spinach
- 1 p.m. leftover meatloaf and veggies from Easter
- 6:30 p.m. Nachos and quesadillas made with leftover pork loin from Easter, avocado, salsa and cheese.
- 6 a.m. workout: Warm Up — practiced my double unders (I’m getting good!!)
10 @ 33lbs
10 @ 63lbs
10 @ 88lbs
8 @ 93lbs
6 @ 98lbs
5 @ 103lbs
4 Rounds for time — I modified the workout for my level
12 Push Jerk @ 83lbs
12 Box Jumps 20 in
12 Power Cleans @ 83lbs
12 Bent Over Rows @ 83lbs
- 12:20 p.m. 1/2 mile lunch time walk with The Husband — his Idea!!
- 10 p.m. Yoga before bed!
- Supplements taken
- Water OK
- Feeling good today. :)