When ALDI reached out and asked if I wanted to give their new fitness products a try I almost turned them down. The package included a scale, and you guys know how I feel about scales now, right?
But then I realized that’s where I am on my journey but many people still want and need a scale, so I decided to give it a shot.
Plus I *puffy heart* LOVE ALDI — have you seen my video about them?
Anyway, I’m glad I agreed! This little package of fitness goodies is awesome! ALDI is offering a variety of Crane Bluetooth products as Special Buys (available for a limited time only,) including a heart rate belt, wireless activity & sleep wristband activity tracker and diagnostic scale. Each sold separately.
What a great way to give yourself a boost and kick off a summer fitness routine!
I spent a few days testing each device so I could give you some really good insights. First, let’s cover the technology. All the Crane devices are compatible with Apple iOS 5.0+ and Android 4.3+. They use Bluetooth 4.0 and you can check your phone’s compatibility by visiting the Crane website here.
Now that we have that out of the way let me show you all the goodies that came in this package.
Crane Heart Rate Belt
This monitors your heart rate of course BUT it also transmits addtional data for you to analyze and track your workout information like:
- Calorie consumption
- GPS tracking
- Duration of activity
- Distance covered
- Speed (current and average)
I strapped it on for a quick half mile to test it out and at first I was like… meh, so I know my heart rate. Then I logged on to see the data! There were all sorts of cool features like this chart:
Note: These are not screen shots. The online app actually lets you download images of your data! Let me tell you as a blogger, this is invaluable!
This is similar to a Fitbit in that it keeps track of your:
- Daily Steps
- Daily Distance
- Daily Calorie Consumption
It also has:
- Up to three alarms
- Battery life that lasts up to seven days
- Wearable as a wristband or clip on to your clothes
I’m wearing mine right now.
And I LOVE that it came with 2 different color wrist bands AND a clip!
Here’s some sample data from the other day, again this is an image directly downloaded from their site.
The tracker does have a display so you don’t have to launch the app or login to a site to see your current steps. All you need to do is tap a button on the side of the tracker.
Finally, the scale. It not only tracks weight but:
- Fat Percentage
- Water Percentage
- Muscle Percentage
- Bone Mass
- Body Mass Index
- Basal Metabolic Rate (calories burned while inactive)
- Active Metabolic Rate (calories burned while awake)
Now, I wish I knew how it calculated all this but in the end it doesn’t really matter, does it? If you are using a scale to track progress that’s all you need to be concerned with, progress. So take all numbers with a grain of salt.
The coolest thing is it can store up to 8 different people profiles so the whole family can use it!
Here’s a screen shot from the site. Unfortunately they didn’t have the cool image download feature for the scale data.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by all three of these devices. They were easy to set up, easy to pair with my phone and easy to use. The interface of the site and the phone app is simple and easy to use as well. Even the prices are competitive with the scale and tracker at $39.99 and the heart rate monitor at $24.99.
ALDI will be shipping all three of these devices to one of my readers! Simply leave a comment below and I’ll pick a winner May 6, which happens to coincide with ALDI’s Special Buy:
Beginning Wednesday, May 6, ALDI will offer a variety of Crane Bluetooth products as Special Buy* items, including a heart rate belt, wireless activity & sleep wristband activity tracker and diagnostic scale.
All these items will be available at your local ALDI while supplies last!
ALDI has a great social presence. Be sure to visit them at:
*Special Buy items available for a limited time only.
Full disclosure: This is a sponsored post. ALDI provided me compensation and products to try and review. All opinions expressed are my own. I’ve been an ALDI fan well before we started working together.
- 5:45 a.m. Muesli soaked in almond milk overnight — This is becoming my new favorite pre-workout meal!
- 7:15 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop).
- 8:30 a.m. The Ultimate Avocado Toast for Breakfast! — I’m working on a new recipe for the California Avocado Commission. SO GOOD!!! More soon.
- 1 p.m. Smoked turkey breast, 1/2 sausage link, cole slaw and a small piece of corn bread
- 4 p.m. beef jerky
- 6 p.m. Homemade fried chicken tenders, sweet potato fries and veggie mix.
- 6 a.m. workout: Warm up was a row, push ups and foam rolling
10 @ 33lbs
10 @ 63 lbs
5 @ 98 lbs
5 @ 108 lbs
1 @ 118 lbs <- was supposed to do 3 so I backed off the weight
10 @ 83 lbs
10 @ 83 lbs
I did the workout as prescribed today in about 14:40
15 Burpee Box Jumps
15 Squat Cleans @ 75lbs
12 Burpee Box Jumps
12 Squat Cleans @ 75lbs
9 Burpee Box Jumps
9 Squat Cleans @ 75lbs
- 8:00 a.m. 2 mile walk to Evan’s school — I’m trying to get him there earlier. I’ve been so busy lately.
- 8:30 p.m. Stretching while watching Survivor.
- Water good
- supplements out and ready to be taken before bed.
- I’m signing off early today. It’s been a long one. I posted this weeks podcast and had 2 phone interviews about #wycwyc!!