This weekend was fantabulous!
I kicked it off Friday with a short trip to Lancaster to hang out with a friend for happy hour. Then it was movie watching with The Husband. Of course I fell asleep during it but it was still fun. We watched A Most Violent Year and I woke up the next morning to finish the last 30 minutes — I really enjoyed it! Slow but an interesting variation on a gangster-style flick.
Speaking of Saturday morning, it was glorious! For the first time in a long time I was the first one awake and got to enjoy a couple of hours alone while all the boys slept. I feel like I’m entering the next stage of parenting older kids. With Evan on the border at 4 and Ryan really becoming more and more independent I’m kind of excited about the transition over the next few years.
Saturday night we had plans to celebrate our anniversary with a few friends in the city. We went duck pin bowing and just hung out for a few hours. It was fun, although it almost didn’t happen. Babysitters are hard to come by anymore!
With Ryan at his friend’s for a sleepover, today started slow. Evan and I had breakfast.
I had a couple of hardboiled eggs and some grapefruit. It was around this time Ryan started eating eggs this way and now he loves them. Evan was hesitant at first but he now eats a bit of the white.
Exactly how his brother started. I’ll get him to eat those yolks sooner or later!
He also tried the juice from my grapefruit, which resulted in this face.
Another thing I used to do with his brother who now loves the juice from my grapefruit.
The rest of the morning we played. He loves “doing letters” on my computer.
And I love building new tracks with him.
I picked up his brother who is now totally too cool to be photographed.
We have a policy that I’m not allowed to share any photos of him without his permission. He is so cute about it, too, yelling, “You’re not allowed to use that one! Ha ha!”
He was so tired after the sleepover he passed out in his room. I have a really cute photo but I can’t share!
While he was sleeping Evan and I had a snack.
Apples, cheese and crackers and I made a batch of Raw Beet and Apple Salad for dinner tonight.
We invited over some friends we haven’t seen in awhile. For a few months now I’ve been pondering the idea of inviting people over for a new Sunday dinner tradition. So many people we know have kids and eating out with them is expensive and frankly, not fun. Especially when you are trying to entertain the younger ones.
Why not invite people over? They can bring a dish, the kids can play and the adults can actually talk! Genius! Right? I mean, maybe people do this all the time and I’ve just been living under a rock or maybe I’m just really unpopular and no one has ever invited me. Either way I was really looking forward to it.
But first… chores!
The Husband headed outside for lawn care.
I tackled the inside with my little helper.
All while Ryan sleep. He was WIPED from that sleepover!
Before I started dinner I made a batch of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups with added flax and hemp seeds for the week.
I’m really trying to bake at least one thing on the weekend so the kids have a homemade go-to snack. It helps keep them out of the pantry.
Everyone seemed to love it! I barely have any leftovers. My plan also worked, the kids entertained themselves and we ate in peace. This is definitely the start of a new tradition.
Now it’s time to settle in for Game of Thrones!
- 7:10 a.m. Oatmeal with frozen blueberries and honey
- 9:30 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop).
- 11 a.m. some veggie chips on way home from the store — the ones from Aldi. I love them!
- Noon 2 eggs scrambled with sausage and lots of broccoli and drizzled with sriracha.
- 4:30 p.m. An order of hot wings out with friends — I didn’t drink because I was designated driver. :)
- 8:30 p.m. Pizza with those same friends after a couple of hours of duck pin bowling
- 10:30 p.m. a little fro-yo with The Husband when we got home.
- 8:30 a.m. 1/2 grapefruit and 2 hard boiled eggs
- 10:45 a.m. a small taste test of the raw beet salad I made for dinner and some cheese, crackers and apple with Evan
- 2 p.m. 2 Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups
- 5:30 p.m. Steak, potatoes, cauliflower, and beet salad.
- 9 p.m. popcorn with coconut oil while watching Game of Thrones.
- 8 a.m. workout: Warmup — 500m row and some stretching
Worked on Snatch from the high hang – ended with 3 @ 73 lbs
Workout was with a partner we did the following which was modified for our level:
100 Wall balls (14 lbs)
100 Double Unders <– I did 50 unbroken!!
80 Box Jumps (20 in)
80 GHD sit ups
60 ring rows
13 Cleans @ 83 lbs <– there was more but that was as far as we could make it with the 20 minute time limit
Afterwards I ran 2 miles with another friends who’s nursing an elbow injury.
- Rest Day
- I didn’t take my supplements Fri. or Sat. but remembered today.
- Water pretty good all weekend especially considering I was designated driver on Saturday so I sipped on water all night at the bar.