It’s Tuesday, right? All my days are running together. The kids got out of school early for an ice storm. They went in late yesterday and tomorrow apparently we have a few more inches on the way.
But we have not had it that bad. I mean, I don’t even know how those of you in Boston are managing. If we got belted that bad the state would have been shut down by now. The few storms we’ve had have the kids constantly out of school. They haven’t had a full week since before Christmas. I think we’ve only had one Monday morning Fit Club meeting this year and we’re supposed to meet every week. It’s crazy!
I’ve been keeping busy otherwise and have lots of stuff to tell you even though now I’m distracted while I catch up on Batter Call Saul. It’s on too late for me. I’ve actually been good about being in bed by 10 lately if you can believe it!
So here goes…
- On the book front our publisher is hosting a Giveaway of What You Can When You Can on Goodreads! All you have to do is go here and click Enter to Win. The book promotion so far is going well. wycwyc.com is all set up and Carla and I are having fun recording the weekly podcast.
- FitBloggin’ planning is going well. The agenda is coming together, we’ve got a cool contest under way, sponsorships are coming together, and there’s lots of fun stuff in the works! I’m so excited to be in Denver this year, too.
- On GreenLiteBites I posted a new breakfast idea but honestly, I’ve been uninspired in the kitchen. I didn’t meal plan this week and I’m just blah about food right now. I might have to challenge myself to come up with something tomorrow just for fun.
- I posted a quickie on the travel blog. Dreaming about my trips this year is keeping me sane and I’m getting an itch to do something out of the ordinary. I just don’t know how or when.
- I’ve been doing well at the gym. My shoulder has been bugging me a little so I’ve been taking a break from pull-up work. Other than that, I feel great! I do miss running though. I normally don’t mind heading out in the cold for a mile or two but it’s been so icy and gross out.
- Speaking of the gym, one of our trainers is forming a team for a GORUCK Challenge and I signed up. It’s going to be sometime in May. I have NO idea what to expect so I’ll keep you posted on that. It should be interesting.
- On the family front, we’re in board game playing mode. This was us tonight playing a marathon game of Monopoly…
I was supposed to take the boys to the gym and Chick-Fil-A for our weekly tradition but I was worried about the roads and the rain/sleet coming down. Instead we made nachos for dinner and hung out at home. It was nice.
That’s it for me tonight. I’ve got to go. It’s almost past my bed time. :)