I’m starting to get really comfortable being the last one to finish workouts at my gym. This week it’s happened twice. And I’m not talking about the slowest one in my class. I’m talking about being the slowest person at the WHOLE gym.
That’s the gym’s board from a few days ago. As you can see, I was the slowest person in my class by a good 2 minutes. And, based on my glancing math skills, about 5 minutes behind the average for the day.
Normally I’m in the middle of the pack, just like running. I’m not the fastest. I’m not the slowest (although I lean more slow than fast). I’m just
doing ENJOYING it.
Isn’t that all that matters?
- 7:30 a.m. Post-workout shake (1 scoop)
- 9 a.m. Pink grapefruit and 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 p.m. Smoked turkey, 1/2 sausage link, baked sweet potato and a small piece of cornbread
- 3 p.m. Brownie batter taste tests — I’m working on a new recipe – One guess what’s in them. :)
- 4:30 Brownie taste test. THEY CAME OUT AMAZING!! I will make one more time next week and share the recipe! Only 200 cals each, sweetened with dates and maple syrup, wheat free — I used oat and almond flour. Full of avocado goodness!
- 6:45 p.m. Dinner was a leftover pork chop on a pile of spinach leaves topped with the avocado lime dressing I made for the fish tacos yesterday. I also had a small side of homemade chicken and farro soup and some leftover Brussels Sprouts AND the kids and I had a brownie because… well… BROWNIES! :)
- I’m posting this early and closing the kitchen… there’s no need to snack tonight.
- 6 a.m. Workout: Warm up = jump rope and double under practice plus foam rolling
Front Squat (with 2 second hold at the bottom)
10 @ 33lbs
8 @ 68 lbs
5 @ 83lbs
5 @ 93lbs
5 @ 98lbs
5 @ 98lbs
Workout (I modified for my level):
10 Power Cleans @ 83lbs
2 negative pull-ups (jump up on the bar, hold for a second, lower down slowly)
8 Power Cleans @ 93lbs
4 negative pull-ups
6 Power Cleans @ 103lbs
6 negative pull-ups
4 Power Cleans @ 113lbs
8 negative pull-ups
2 Power Cleans @ 123lbs (I had 2 failed attempt but got them!)
10 negative pull-ups
After class I did 3 x 10 Dips on the bench
- 4 p.m. short walk and play at the park with The 9-Year-Old