The past few days, since announcing my upcoming events, I’ve been going old school on the blog and posting daily journals. I forgot how useful and therapeutic this is.
Throughout the day I take notes on when I eat and such and then I sit here watching TV and gather it all together, reflect on my day and get out of my head. It’s so simple but so powerful. I highly recommend trying it in some form (paper, private blog, Facebook, whatever) if you are attempting to reach a goal, weight loss or otherwise. Just 10 minutes at the end of the day. That’s all you need. It helps keep your head in the game, reminds you of your goals, gives you a moment to reflect so you can move on, celebrate or just keep going.
- 7 a.m. Post workout shake (1 scoop)
- 8:30 a.m. a few bites of Evan’s cereal and a hard-boiled egg
- 9:30 a.m. Not going to lie, celebrated my kick-ass morning by enjoying a bag of chocolate coconut chips while I got to work. I love them!
- 11 a.m. Chicken jerky at my desk. Stomach growling, too early for lunch, was in the middle of some projects.
- 1 p.m. Totally caved when The Husband asked me to go out to lunch today. We went to a local sandwich shop and I got one of their creations: Turkey and roasted eggplant with mozzarella on ciabatta. This is one of those places it’s worth getting the “good bread” at.
- 6:30 p.m. Out to eat again. Too much this week! I took the kids for Chinese as birthday boy wanted “noodles” — I had a few bites with him, plus a hot and sour soup, chicken and broccoli and some brown rice.
- 6 a.m. Workout: Worked up to a 1 rep max on Back Squat. Hit 165 lbs! A another new PR!
We also tested an 800m run time and I’m pretty sure I ran my fastest ever at 3:44.
The workout of the day was “Annie” a favorite of mine — 50 DU, 50 Sit ups, 40 DU, 40 Sit ups, 30, 30, 20, 20, 10, 10. I think my fastest time ever at this was 8:35. Today I did it in 8:56. Not bad. I tripped a little on the doubles but overall I did great. Especially AFTER the room run!
- After the gym, I dropped the car off at the shop and ran/walked the mile home.
- Also walked the 2 miles to and from Evan’s school.
- Water.. not bad today. Also drank a lot of tea again.
- Supplements taken.