I am feeling SO much better than I was yesterday it’s almost unbelievable. I woke up in a great mood, killed it at the gym, had an active morning with the kids and then got lost in work. After school I took the kids for haircuts, made dinner and now I’m watching Chopped and writing this. I feel so accomplished right now!
I did realize last night that I stopped taking my vitamin D supplements and I wonder if that had anything to do with the dip in my mood. I was being really good about taking them for weeks and then I just got out of the habit for a few days. I’m planning a post on supplements shortly as it’s been something on my mind. I’m not a big fan but ever since my psyllium husk experience I’ve been researching a few key nutrients that actually have some research behind them but I’ll save that for another post.
Instead I’m focusing on a few events I have scheduled and my approach to training for them.
First up, the SuperFit Games — Saturday, May 2, 2015
SuperFit is a team CrossFit competition ad I partnered up with a friend from my gym. We’ll be competing in the novice Male/Female Team division and I’m really excited. It’s a new competition in my area so it’s completely unknown. Plus I’ve never been on a double mixed team before. It should be fun
Next up, the GORUCK Challenge – Sunday, May 17, 2015
My gym is organizing this and if we get enough people it’s on. I have NO idea what to expect but it sounds insane. Something about running with weighted packs and military style activities. Oh! And it’s overnight! I’m just going with the flow on this one. NO idea what to expect but I’ll be doing it with friends so I’m sure it will be fun.
Finally, the Atlas Games – Saturday, June 13, 2015
I’m not signed up for this but I plan to. Registration opens April 1. I participated last year and really enjoyed it.
With the first event just 7 weeks away I’ve decided to kick up my training a notch and take things a bit more seriously. Normally I just do what I do and when competition day comes I just have fun with it.
I still want to have fun with it, of course, but what could I accomplish if I really focused and held myself a little more accountable?
I was already pondering doing something like this and then I read 13 Ways Women Can be MORE, Not Less and it totally pumped me up. I want to shatter self-imposed limitations and get even farther out of my comfort zone. So I plan on documenting my training and progress here on the blog a little more consistently.
- Banana on the way to the gym
- Post workout shake (1 scoop)
- 1/2 bag of Bare Chocolate Coconut Chips
- Homemade Mushroom and Zucchini soup (working on recipe now — will post on GLB ASAP — pic below) with northern beans. I added some leftover chicken and grated a little cheddar on top.
- Kale salad I whipped up in a bag. It was apple cider vinegar, Balsamic vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, kale, dried cranberries, sunflower seed kernels, Hemp Hearts and feta all smashed together and it was delicious!
- Steak, sweet potato and roasted cauliflower with coconut oil. I also ate The Husband’s baked potato skin because he’s crazy and doesn’t eat them. I should have taken a photo. It was such a pretty dinner.
- 6 a.m. Workout: 2k Row (8:40m) + 200 DU (first time I ever did that many!) + 2 mi run
Completed in: 39:56
- I also walked 2 miles to take Evan to school
- Stretch and rolled out before bed (well, as soon as I post this).
- Supplements taken
- water intake good!
- In bed by 10, which means I’ve got to go! :)