It took me a bit to get motivated once the kids were off to school. I’ve been battling a nasty cough and it’s getting old. If I’m still hacking by Monday I’m going to have to see the doctor.
Anyway, after tackling my inbox a bit I sat down to write an article I’m working on. I’ve been having a bit of writer’s block with it but I was making progress. I took a break to run some errands — Evan’s 4th birthday party is tomorrow and I’m still getting ready — then came back and had a burst of inspiration.
I was writing away when all of a sudden the program threw an error. I thought, no big deal? It auto saves and I could just go back to my last revision. Well…. no such luck. I lost most of it. All that was left was my intro paragraph.
I was pissed!
But hopeful I could find the data in my cache someplace.
After an hour of digging and researching I finally came to the conclusion that it was gone and I’m just going to have to start over.
It sucks rewriting something you’ve already written. Especially when you liked what you’ve done. I just feel like I’m not able to recapture what made it good in the first place.
It’s hard to explain.
This is the third time it’s happened to me. You’d think I’d learn my lesson by now!
Anyway, I’m over it.
Besides that fiasco, I had a really good day! And I can’t wait for the party tomorrow, although I’m a little concerned I won’t have my camera. It broke last weekend and I haven’t replaced it yet. :(
Here’s today’s training update…
- 5:30 a.m. 1/2 banana on the way to the gym
- 7:15 a.m. Post workout shake (1 scoop)
- 8:30 a.m. cup of tea green and chamomile tea — my throat’s been bugging me.
- 9:45 a.m. Scramble made from 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 leftover baked potato, leftover roasted broccoli and cauliflower, a little bit of chopped kale and 2 eggs. With a drizzle of hot sauce, of course. :)
- 1 p.m. Chipotle Bowl of AWESOME — Chicken burrito in a bowl, light rice and light black beans, chicken, fajita veggies, mild, medium and corn salsa, light cheese and a dollop of guac.
- 6 p.m. Nibbles while I prepared food for tomorrow’s party. I’m making a blueberry-kale salad and sloppy joes!
- 7:30 p.m. Leftover salmon, brown rice and snow peas.
Activity Journal (I’m linking to all lifts just in case they are new to you)
- 6 a.m. Workout: I skipped the workout of day in lieu of strength. I wasn’t feeling 100% so I took it easy on myself. After a warm up I did…
Complex of 2 Power Clean + 1 Split Jerk:
1 @ 53lbs
1 @ 63lbs
1 @ 73lbs
1 @ 83lbs
1 @ 93lbs
4 @ 103lbs
5 @ 53lbs
5 @ 83lbs
5 @ 103lbs
5 x 5 @ 113lbs <– hard as crap! But I did it!
1 min planks (each side and center) — I rallied folks to join me after the workout. :)
- 5:15 p.m. — 1 and 1/2 mile run with the kids. Before we left…
- Water could have been better today but I’m drinking a lot of tea. The warm drink just feels better on my throat.
- Supplements taken
- Staying up a little late tonight to watch a movie with The Husband (Nightcrawler) but I’ll probably pass out by 11:30. :) `