In honor of Throwback Thursday (#tbt) I decided to dig in my archives and found this post. Out of all the things I love about blogging, looking back and “hearing” my voice may be the coolest. I can remember how I felt and see what I looked like and it’s all time-stamped in a nice little package. Although, I did post a lot fewer photos back then!
Here’s a photo of The Husband and I from the beginning of 2008….
And one from just 2 months ago….
I think I look happier now. :)
Anyway, I posted this original Q&A February 2008. Today I read through and updated it just for fun.
This was the original intro to the post…
This is what happens when the toddler wakes up SUPER early. I’m watching Sesame Street and TRYING to stay awake. Why not fill out a meme!
I actually remember that. Too funny.
Anyway, here goes…
- Do you like blue cheese? Nope, I never understood its appeal. Cheese WITH mold? Normally I cut that part off!
UPDATE: I will now tolerate blue cheese on the right salad but I still think it’s gross.
- Have you ever smoked heroin? Ummm, NO.
- Do you own a gun? Nope
- What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Never been to a Sonic, I don’t even think there are any around here.
UPDATE: They are here now. Went once. Had water.
- Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not really.
- What do you think of hot dogs? They are OK with baked beans but I’d rather a hamburger.
UPDATE: Still rather a burger. RARELY eat hot dogs anymore. I can’t even remember the last time I had one.
- Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water, sometimes green tea if I’m super tired.
- Can you do push ups? Yup! And even the “boy” kind. LOL
UPDATE: I can do A LOT of pushups now. Maybe 15-20 super strict.
- Why is there a missing question here?? That was my question.
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding rings, I rarely wear anything else.
- Favorite hobby? Blogging, does that count?? I also like to play poker & digital photography.
UPDATE: I guess CrossFit now — is that considered a hobby? I watch movies with the Husband and we play a LOT of board games.
- Another missing question, whoever came up with this one can’t count!
- Do you have A.D.D.? No (soapbox – isn’t this WAY overdiagnosed??) Yes my brain works fast and I change topics a lot but it’s not ADD, I can function and finish a thought if I have to.
UPDATE: Still feel this way.
- What’s one trait you hate about yourself? Hate is a strong word. However I dislike that I have to work at ‘this’ so hard.
UPDATE: Hmm, I wouldn’t say that now. I think the biggest thing I hate about myself is being more self-centered than I like to admit.
- Middle name? Jean
- Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment… I wish I was sleeping like the husband, I’m thirsty, why did I take this on?
UPDATE: 1.) I really haven’t changed much in 7 years. 2.) Why doesn’t anyone do these things on blogs anymore 3.) I would love to take a nap right now!
- Name 3 things you bought today… Nothing yet, it’s 6AM!
UPDATE: Just lunch. Sushi with the Husband. We have lunch out once a week.
- Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, tea, and, ummm water.
UPDATE: Still the same!
- Current worry? The toddler will grow up unhappy.
UPDATE: The new toddler doesn’t get enough attention.
- Current hate right now? Rude people, but that’s always a hate.
UPDATE: Our medical system. It just seems so hard to find good doctors anymore.
- Favorite place to be? Home with the toddler or Vegas! Can that be any different?
UPDATE: The gym. I can’t believe I just typed that.
- How did you bring in the New Year? Home with the husband, just like the last 10 years.
UPDATE: Just like the last 17 years. lol
- Where would you like to go? Australia. I’ve always wanted to go.
UPDATE: Still want to go there and like a 100 other places.
- Name three people who will complete this? I know a few community members will pick up on it!
UPDATE: Probably no one because they are really cheesy and blogging just isn’t what it used to be.
- Do you own slippers? Yup, but I never wear them.
- What shirt are you wearing? Ok, confession, I’m in old lady grandma pajamas. They were easy to put on last night and I was tired.
UPDATE: A tank and a sweatshirt. Basically my gym clothes from this morning.
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.
- Can you whistle? Yes
- Favorite color? Blue
- Would you be a pirate? No, what kind of question is that?
- What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever’s on the radio. I always have the radio on.
- Favorite girl’s name? Tyler Marie, if the toddler was a girl that would have been her name.
- Favorite boy’s name? Thomas (If I’m not counting the toddler’s name)
- What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets, grandma pajamas, remember?
UPDATE: STILL NO POCKETS! lol
- Last person that made you laugh? The husband. We always laugh together.
UPDATE: STILL him. We laugh daily… almost hourly.
- Best bed sheets as a child? I don’t think I had favorite sheets, I think we are stretching the questions out now.
- Worst injury you’ve ever had? Dislocated my knee.
- Do you love where you live? I love my house, not sold on the area.
UPDATE: Yes. Overall.
- How many TVs do you have in your house? 3, family room, our room, guest room
UPDATE: 4 — we now have one in the basement.
- Who is your loudest friend? Ummmm Jen, but she’s actually not that loud, just “the loudest”.
UPDATE: I think I may actually be the loud friend now.
- How many dogs do you have? Cats? None. :~(
UPDATE: This was before we got IRISH the Cat!
- Does someone have a crush on you? I have NO idea, I was never good at that. Plus I’m married so it doesn’t matter anyway.
- OK, ANOTHER one mising – someone messed this meme I think. Hmmmmm interesting, I wonder what those questions were?
- What is your favorite book(s)? Skinny Dip, it was the book that got me into reading again.
UPDATE: I am a REALLY bad reader. I just finished Think Like a Freak but it took me weeks. Loved it though.
- What is your favorite candy? Dare I say Swedish fish, but that said, the thing is, they aren’t even my favorite. I’d go for nonpareils over them any day!
UPDATE: I can take or leave Swedish Fish now. The only candy I really eat is super duper dark chocolate!
- Favorite Sports Team? I am required to say this by marriage… Notre Dame.
UPDATE: I am still required to say this… Notre Dame. Truth be told I don’t have favorite sports teams. It just doesn’t matter to me and frankly I don’t understand sports fans.
- What song do you want played at your funeral? No idea, do they even play music at funerals?
- What were you doing 12 AM last night? Staying up too late, playing with twitter and watching Trading Spaces.
UPDATE: Happy to say… SLEEPING! I’ve been getting better at this! Well, I kind of have to. I get up at 5:15 every day because the gym is my favorite place, remember?
- What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Why does the toddler get up early when I stay up late?!?!?
UPDATE: How did I wake up before my alarm… again?
I know they are cheesy but they sure are fun!