Another attempt at a low-FODMAP day. Here’s how my food panned out…
1. Ripe banana — On my way to the gym. I woke up with a growling stomach. This is my go-to.
2. Another egg scramble with leftover baked potatoes, a slice of bacon and spinach — easy on the sriracha. If there is no change tomorrow I’m phasing it out completely, but I just can’t comprehend that a tiny drizzle would affect me so much. Not to mention, it would REALLY suck.
3. Dragon fruit — The kids and I did a fun produce pick video this morning — click here to check it out. I ate about half through the morning. At first I was unimpressed but it’s growing on me. I’m a texture girl and it definitely has a fun texture.
4. 1 leftover Banana Pancake made with oat and almond flour — My stomach was growling before lunch and I needed something quick.
5. Homemade chicken soup/stew made with homemade broth (no onion or garlic) millet, carrots and chicken — This was the end of a batch I made last week.
6. Chick-Fil-A Cob salad with grilled chicken and a tiny drizzle of honey mustard dressing — The Boys and I went to the gym (they take a kids class, it’s SO cute!) and we stopped on our way home.
7. Small bowl of EnviroKidz Chocolate Koala Crisp Cereal with almond milk — I just ate this. My stomach was growing and I was honestly stressing what to eat that would be “safe.” I didn’t want to go the cracker route or cheese or popcorn. I have apples but they are a no-no right now and I’m keeping nuts to a minimum.
I was really at a loss until I spied this new cereal I bought for the kids. We’ve never had it before and I must say… delish!
It was exactly the sweet, crunchy bite I was looking for. And the ingredient list is pretty impressive:
Brown rice, evaporated cane juice, cocoa, natural flavor, sea salt, molasses.
I can’t lie. Every night I go to bed with high hopes that the next day I’ll reap the benefits of my food choices and every morning (so far) I’ve been disappointed. I’m trying to stay strong and not lose hope. It’s too reminiscent of dieting for weight loss.
I don’t like it.
Note: I have NO affiliation with Envirokidz.