Happy Hump Day!
I had a burst of food journal inspiration this morning after I thought the whole low-FODMAP avoiding fructans thing was working, but I was wrong.
I have been lactose and wheat free for over a week now. There is no doubt I’m less bloated and less gassy but my actual bathroom experiences, unfortunately, haven’t changed much.
I’ve been working on a low-FODMAP approved food list but even the two books I’m referencing have conflicting information. So I decided to get a bit more detailed in my food journals again so I can ask a dietitian. I just need to find one to work with.
Today looked like this:
1. Eggs scrambled with leftover baked potato, ham, spinach and a drizzle of sriracha.
2. Low-FODMAP Style Stuffed-Pepper Soup — click here for the recipe.
3. Handful of Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers
4. Sriracha-Dressed Bacon Cheeseburger Salad made exactly like this but without the avocado or honey.
5. Some popcorn with the kids.
Super low-FODMAP day! Right?
I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. If anything it has me eating cleaner than I ever have before.
My other news is on a completely different note, I’m SO excited to announce the launch of the Official #wycwyc podcast — click here to check it out! We’re still figuring things out and finding our groove but it was fun!
OK, I’ve got to go. The Husband and I are watching Starred Up. We’ve been really getting into Indie films lately.