Every Wednesday night we let the 9-Year-Old stay up and watch Survivor with us. It’s been a tradition for the past few years and I really look forward to it. It’s the first and only weekly show we watch together and it’s so fun to analyze the game with him. Does anyone else watch? I feel like we are the only ones. We didn’t watch the first few years and now we absolutely love it.
Anyway, I’m just popping in to share my food journal. I’ve been loving the accountability.
- 5:45 a.m. Smeared some peanut butter on multigrain crackers and ate on my way to the gym
- 7:00 a.m. Post-workout protein shake – Nature’s Bounty Protein made with 1% milk
- 8:30 a.m. Made a hash out of leftover sweet potatoes, bacon bits and 2 eggs, drizzled with sriracha. Breakfast with the 3-Year-Old, who had French toast :)
- Noon Leftover Turkey Pot Pie I made on Monday. Officially the last Thanksgiving plate. :(
- 2 p.m. Acorn Squash Rings. SO stinkin’ good — click here to see a photo on Instagram. I forgot them in the oven and they got all crunchy. Will definitely make again and post a how-to!
- 4 p.m. A few nuts with the 9-Year-Old when we came home from school. I bought mixed nuts in shells and have them out on the island.
- 6:30 p.m. Pulled Pork Spinach Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Seeds and a Simple Maple Spiced Drizzle.
- 8:30 p.m. Cocoa Dusted Banana Bites with a little added PB2