I can’t seem to get out of my own head today. I have so many random things swimming around yet picking a starting point seems just so daunting.
This morning I went to my yearly gynecological appointment and now I have a date with a mammogram machine and a pelvic ultrasound. My doctor thinks I may have endometriosis. She also urged me to see a gastroenterologist. I haven’t really talked about it, but I’ve been having icky stomach issues for some time now. I’m not sure it relates but I’ve also experienced some nerve tingling in my left foot and it’s worrisome.
All these ailments make me feel so OLD and I don’t like it.
After my appointment I tried to get some work done but I just couldn’t focus. I was pondering lots of things like, my mom who has hip replacement surgery scheduled right after the holiday, my niece who celebrated her 11th birthday today, the in-house Rx CrossFit competition I’m participating in this Saturday (which I’m totally not ready for), the fact that Christmas is sneaking up on me and I have lots extra errands to run, the #wycwyc book and how nervous I am about it, the last two potential jobs I didn’t get, and the conference, which I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around. On top of all that I have a 9-Year-Old with attitude (we had a few incidents tonight) and a whiny 3-Year-Old that can’t sit still.
I’m feeling overwhelmed but ’tis the season, right?
GAH! Life is good, I’m just having a blah moment. Tomorrow will be better.
- 5:45 a.m. Banana on my way to the gym
- 7:00 a.m. Post-workout protein shake – Nature’s Bounty Protein made with 1% milk
- 8:30 a.m. Finished off the last of the leftover sweet potatoes in another hash with spinach, peppers, bacon bits and 2 eggs, drizzled with sriracha.
- 12:15 p.m. Leftover Slow-Cooked Sorghum With Turkey Sausage
- 3:30 p.m. Hungry. Decided to experiment with a brussel sprout salad idea and it came out FABULOUS! See photo here. I’ll post recipe ASAP!
- 6:30 p.m. Tuna steaks (LOVE when they go on sale!), brown rice and edamame. The 9-Year-Old was supposed to help me cook but it just didn’t work out.
- 8:30 p.m. Popcorn and chamomile tea with a splash of chocolate liqueur.