Tonight is The Husband’s annual holiday party but I couldn’t leave without a Feel-Good Friday update.
It’s been an awesomely busy week and I’ve finally found my Christmas spirit. Honestly, I think it’s because I finished our end-of-year book. That and I’ve been forcing myself to listen to only Christmas music while working.
Last night The Boys and I painted some gifts at a local ceramic place.
This is my second favorite thing to do with them in December. The first being baking/decorating Christmas cookies of course!
Yesterday I also edited and posted the second episode of “Cooking with Kids” for GreenLiteBites…
So much fun… annoying at times… but still fun. I can only hope he’s absorbing some of the stuff I’m showing him.
Anyway, on to the feel-goods!
This video had me in tears — in a good way. So much talent and unconditional love.
I’m awed, inspired and just overwhelmed with emotion when I watch that.
As a fellow my-body-has-a-mind-of-its-own-when-good-music-is-around person this video had me smiling ear-to-ear.
I love how people start to join in. I’m not sure I have the guts to do it in a subway station but I dance in my kitchen like that daily. I even got the “Really, Mom? *eye roll*” from The 9-Year-Old the other day and it cracked me up.
I’m SO that mom.
This story went viral last year but I totally missed it.
Click here for the original if you are interested. She’s so stinkin’ cute!
Finally, my favorite internet family did another awesome Christmas video!
They inspire me so damn much. I wish I had an ounce of their talent.
That’s it! I’ve got to go. It’s a 2-hour drive to the party and I’m nowhere close to being ready. I don’t even know what shoes I’m wearing yet! Ugh.
Oh! But before I go, here’s my food journal so far today. I’m doing my best to keep it all month.
- 7 a.m. Post-workout chocolate milk
- 8:45 a.m. The rest of the Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Ham turned into a scramble with 2 eggs and a handful of spinach. SO good with a squirt of sriracha!
- 11:30 a.m. More Chicken and Oat Stew leftovers
- 1:30 p.m. Acorn squash rings — will post the recipe early next week — click here for a photo.
- >4 p.m. My plan is to stick with lots of veggies and proteins at the party. I’ll also indulge in a few bites of dessert, and I’ll probably drink more vodka-cranberries than I will admit. Let’s just say… baby sitter, hotel room, no driving required. It’s going to be a fun night.