This was the first thing I saw online this morning and it actually made me cry. (Yes, I am the world’s biggest sap.)
I so admire people with that kind of confidence. Flash mobs always inspire me and it helped kick off my Friday with feel-good feelings.
So I decided to run with it.
Once I settled into my desk I decided to take a few minutes and make a Christmas song playlist on Spotify.
I then proceeded to blast it all morning while chipping away at lots of little nagging tasks I had on the old to-do list like organizing my inbox and cleaning out spam comments.
I’m not sure it totally put me in the Christmas spirit yet but it helped.
The rest of the morning was devoted to conference calls and photo editing. I even got a chance to post my latest salad idea on GreenLiteBites: Brussels Sprout Salad With Maple-Spiced Ham.
Being creative in the kitchen always puts me in a better mood. Always.
Tonight I made some chicken and roasted sweet potatoes to take tomorrow to the CrossFit competition my gym is having.
They came out amazing! I added a touch of maple syrup, molasses, allspice and rosemary.
The competition is a little in-house thing our trainers put together and I’m actually competing in the Rx division. I’m not ready but decided to take the leap and challenge myself. What the heck? Right?
Anyway, my final Feel Good Friday contribution is this quote from SevenQuote.com…
I couldn’t agree more.
Here’s today’s food journal. I’ve been killing it lately and love the extra accountability of keeping a record. It’s stopped quite a few mindless bites this week.
- 8:00 a.m. Banana-Almond Butter Oatmeal made like this but with cocoa nibs instead of chocolate chips.
- 10:30 a.m. Brussels Sprout Salad With Maple-Spiced Ham
- Noon Smoked turkey, coleslaw, half sausage and a piece of corn bread — lunch out with the husband at our favorite BBQ place.
- 4:30 p.m. Banana on the way to the gym — I met a friend for an evening class today.
- 6:45 p.m. The rest of the leftover Slow-Cooked Sorghum With Turkey Sausage
- 8:30 p.m. A few taste tests from my prep cooking.