Letting myself feel real hunger (NOT starving) between meals has been eye opening again. This is a habit I forgot about. I’m snacking less and really focusing on smart choices when I do. #wycwyc
A loooong time ago I posted Hunger is Not an Emergency and honestly, it’s something I forgot about. Since restarting my food journal I’ve reconnected with my hunger and it’s helped me be much more conscious about my choices.
Today those choices were…
- 5:45 a.m. Sweet potatoes and ham
- 7 a.m. 2 date cookies my friend from the gym made — SO good!
- 8:45 a.m. Scramble with 2 eggs, red pepper and bacon bits
- 10:45 a.m. Carrots and single-serve hummus cup
- 1:30 p.m. Leftover chicken and oat stew with a bit of the tuna and brown rice we had left from last night’s dinner.
- 4 p.m. A glass of chocolate almond milk. It was on sale half off… I couldn’t help myself.
- 6 p.m. Squash soup, avocado Cobb salad (dressing on the side) and a few chips (I shared) — dinner with the kids at Panera
- 9 p.m. A few crackers and an ounce of cheese
Not bad, right?
How about you? Do you let yourself get hungry?