Not going to lie, totally woke up hung over. Well, actually, I was AWAKENED by a 3-Year-Old with an uncanny internal clock. I swear this kid wakes up at exactly 5:57 a.m. every damn day.
I can’t complain though. All he wants to do is crawl in bed with me and “cuddle” — his word not mine. Then, about a half hour later he asks if we can turn on the TV.
Overall we had a slow morning. The kids and I looked through the last three years of photo books I made together.
Ever since The 3-Year-Old was born I make a “Year in Review” and print copies for the grandparents, me and the boys. As a kid I always appreciated my mom’s albums and I’m hoping the boys will feel the same way about these. Right now I’m trying to get motivated to make one for this year. I love them and I know I will even more in the years to come, but MAN are they time consuming, and trying to figure out when I can fit it in this year is proving difficult.
Anyway, after the 59th showing of the Lego Movie the kids played while I cooked.
I made hard boiled eggs for the week and my new favorite sweet potato dish.
I will share on GreenLiteBites ASAP!
The rest of the day is sort of a blur. I didn’t have the energy to take photos but I cut The Husband’s hair and we took the kids to play laser tag. Then we came home, cooked dinner and just chilled.
Right now I’m watching the first episode of Orange is the New Black and loving it! So I’m going to go.
But first, here’s two shots of the boys I did take during the day.
and my food journal…
- 9:30 a.m. Grapefruit
- 10:30 a.m. My new favorite sweet potato dish
- Noon Quick salad made out of leftover chicken, spinach, cucumber, peppers, a bit of shredded cheese and homemade honey-mustard dressing
- 1:45 p.m. One of our Christmas cookies.
- 5 p.m. Carrot sticks while cooking dinner
- 6 p.m. Pork loin, roasted carrots and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy
- 7:30 Popcorn with the kids while watching America’s Funniest Home Videos
- 10 p.m. Handful of coconut chips