I saw this on WhatIWeighToday (new blog, check it out) and fell in love with Lena Dunham all over again. If you have 2 minutes give it a watch.
How freaking fun and awesome is she? The quote that stood out for me was:
For me, confidence comes from feeling happy with my habits, feeling I could be proud of my life. — Lena Dunham
YES!! OMG she put into words what I never could! Confidence isn’t eating perfectly on plan or being the best at something or even losing weight. It comes from living consciously, with my eyes WIDE open and being proud of my choices and my life.
I couldn’t agree more. I also totally know how Megan (the question asker) feels, too. I always felt like I projected confidence more than I had it. I still feel that way to an extent and agree with Lena 100%! Although it never rained men for me. lol. Then again I’ve been in a relationship for 20 years.
OK, that’s all I have in me today. In other news:
- The foot? Slightly better.
- The neck? Slightly better after my first acupuncture session! (more on that later!)
- The book? Going well, although I feel like a biotch whenI share my concerns about things to the publisher because I have a clear vision and as a solo blogger I’m not used to having to defend and run my opinions by anyone, ever.
- New food idea on GreenLiteBites — a quick soup I pulled together with what had on hand, which included a can of pumpkin. Yes, ladies and gentleman, fall is in full swing! Pumpkin soup! Click here to see my recipe for Pumpkin and Sausage Soup With Sweet Potatoes and Spinach
- The Call for Speakers is open at the FitBloggin’ site! Click here to apply!
- #wycwyc jewelry sale all month! Click here for the details!
- I’m off to see Annabelle tonight with some friends. It’s better than moping on the couch with my ice pack. Right? OMG how I LOVE horror movies.
OK, I’m off! Have a great weekend! As you can see I’m in a slightly better mood. I hate self-loathing for too long and getting all my feelings out yesterday really helped.