Well, it happened again. Last night I turned the wrong way while sleeping and BAM! There goes my my neck.
This is one of the reasons I’m so passionate about weight training. Starting in my 20s I’ve had a few neck spasms a year. Since I started serious weight training, the last time this has happened was more than 2 years ago!
At least that’s the last time I blogged about it.
So I woke up this morning and decided to hold back from the gym a bit. I took a nice walk and ended up going later in the day only because I’ve learned from experience that staying as active as possible when my neck acts up helps me recover.
I’ve been aggressively treating it with my bag of peas, a foam roller and anti-inflammatories. As soon as I log off I’m going to take a warm bath and then go to bed with my special neck pillow.
With my CrossFit competition in 2 weeks and my marathon training in full swing, I’m not too happy about this potential detour. :(
All that being said I actually had a great day!
- I posted a new recipe on GreenLiteBites, Citrus-Thyme Chicken on a Stick with Optional Brussels Sprouts.
- I shared a great post about the problem with perfection on wycwyc.com.
- The 9-Year-Old and I ran a half mile (he’s training for cross country!)
- I scanned in photos for my 20th high school reunion.
Why yes, that is Jen and I at one of our formals. lmao
- And, as a form of mental therapy, I made a fun dinner.
That’s Coconut Crusted Flounder Over Pineapple Fried Rice. Cooking always makes me feel better. :)
- The kids and I caught a gray tree frog stuck to our window in the kitchen. I don’t have a picture but it was super cute and looked him up on the internet. I love doing stuff like that with the kids!
OK, I’m off. Going to spend some time with my foam roller and then hit the bath.