It’s my birthday!
Today I turned 38 and I refuse to do what I did last year and ponder my age. Been there… done that — click here to see last year’s musing.
Nope. This year I’m just popping in to update the list.
I’m exhausted anyway. I had a long flight to San Jose and feel like I’ve been up for days!
As for the list, I’m chipping away! I actually did more than I realized!
- Write a Bucket List.
- Live at the beach (at least part time), AKA buy a beach house.
- Become a World Traveler. I don’t even own a passport at the moment.
2013 update: Passport obtained!! Click here to read the post.
- Hike in the Grand Canyon.
- As cheesy as it sounds, skydive preferably with one/all of my boys but I won’t force them to do it.
- Visit the Redwood Forest.
2014 update: I didn’t make it there is year BUT The 9-Year-Old and I saw our first redwood on our CA Road trip Adventure!
- Publish a book (note: I’ve self published but I want to traditionally publish)
2014 update: IN THE WORKS AND WRITING MY A$$ OFF RIGHT NOW! :)
- Launch a Travel Blog.
2013 update: Launched The UnWordly Travelers last August!
- Be financially independent (My goal is to support my family doing only things I love and want to do, like this!)
- Start some type of non-profit to help people in some way. Not sure what that “way” is yet but I know it will come to me.
- Take the ultimate American road trip with my boys coast to coast.
- Take a cooking class just because.
2013 update: I did it AND brought The Husband along. It was great! Click here to read about it.
- Train for and run another marathon. This time completing it in under 5 hours.
2014 update: IN the works! Check out my marathon training page!
- Sing karaoke, alone and OWN IT. This scares the CRAP out of me. I can’t carry a tune to save my life.
2013 update: I DID IT!!! at FitBloggin’. I’m sure there is a video but I don’t want to see it. lol Honestly, it was really fun even though I suck. I may even do it again. OH! and I chose “One Way or Another” by Blondie. :)
- Write a children’s book.
2013 update: In progress! Working on the illustrations with David!
2014 update: DONE!! Click here to check out Little Bean’s Funderwear Day and click here to see my kids reading it! Melts me every time!
- Take my Mom to Italy.
2013 update: This was the highlight of the year for me. Click to see how I surprised her on Christmas.
- Take a rock-wall climbing class and get certified to belay.
2014 update: DONE! And I LOVED IT! More here and I now belay for the kids! See below
- See the Northern Lights.
- Throw a big reunion party for all my college friends. I miss them dearly.
- Host a double elimination Beer Pong tournament in my garage. Note: May be combined with item above.
2014 update: This may be in the works for next month!
- Spend a week on a guilt-free spa vacation.
- Go scuba diving — NOT snorkeling but SCUBA diving. I want to see a coral reef!
- See an iceberg.
- Take martial arts lessons.
- Host FitBloggin’ on the West Coast.
2013 update: DONE! FitBloggin’13 was in Portland!
- Be on or work with the Food Network in some way .
- Be present with my kids while they are kids and do my best to raise them to be responsible, happy adults.
2013 update: In progress. Always.
- Take a creative writing class.
- Take a class at Penland School of Crafts.
- See the stars and milky way in the night sky uninterrupted by city lights.
- Do 2 pull ups in a row. Note: I did one once and it took me months of training. WHY are they so friggin’ hard?!
2014 update: DONE. Sorta. See below!
- Visit Australia alone. I can’t explain why, I just want to.
- Hike to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Audition for a Reality Show. Oh wait, I did that already!
- Surprise my neighbors with New Year’s gifts.
- Master my camera and take a breathtaking photograph that people want to hang on their wall.
- Make a video that goes viral on YouTube.
- Plan a romantic transatlantic cruise with The Husband.
- Take The Boys to Legoland.
- Plan an official 5k event.
- See as many of these movies as possible.
- Go to ComicCon International.
- Take the boys to see the Statue of Liberty.
- Spend a FULL day in bed watching movies with the Husband.
- Teach/inspire as many people to cook as I can.
2013 update: In progress on GreenLiteBites. :)
- Build something useful with my hands.
- Have a conversation in another language.
- Get another tattoo.
- Collaborate on a project with the husband. We have tons of ideas.
- Never stop living consciously and continually add to this list.
New for 2013 …
- Run 2 Tough Mudders back to back
2013 Update: Mission accomplished! Click here to see the video. Now I’m considering putting The World’s Toughest on my list but I’m not sure I’m ready to commit yet.
- Compete in an unscaled CrossFit competition
- Run at least one adventure marathon. The Great Wall Marathon is at the top of my list.
New for 2014…
- Go skeet shooting.
- Try paddle board yoga….. just ’cause.
My addition may seem silly this year but I’m convinced it’s the little things that matter.
I’ll say it again.. I’m tired of talking, I’m in “do” mode now.
OK, GOT to go to bed. I’d really like try to hit a local CrossFit affiliate while I’m here but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get up early enough.