Feeling blah. I had a few interactions in the past couple of days that have thrown me into a self-conscious tailspin. You know, the self-doubt-inner-mean-girl-no-one-likes-me kind of thoughts. I like to think everyone goes through this now and then. Right?
Have you ever been over yourself? I’m totally over it.
I had a few things I wanted to share all week but I simply ran out of time. So here goes a little Friday Randomness…
- I loved this post on AHealthySliceofLife.com called Sometimes, Small is Better. It has #wycwyc written ALL over.
- I’ve also fallen in love with the blog Lose50in20. It really reminded me of when I first started this blog in 2005. Listing my goals, posting updates, sharing my food journals, etc. I miss those days. It’s strange. I kind of envy Nancy in a weird way. It makes me want to challenge myself with a new goal and blog my progress. I mean that’s kind of still what I do here but after 9 years it gets a little cloudy.
- My new #RunStreak is in full force! I’ve run every day this month so far and have been keeping track with RunKeeper. I love a good streak. It reminds me there really isn’t any reason not to get out there for at least 10 minutes or so a day.
- Tomorrow…. oh tomorrow… Tomorrow I’m competing in the scaled division of the ATLAS games, a local CrossFit competition. Remember all those self-doubting thoughts I mentioned before, well, yeah. I’m excited but I also know a few other women competing and I don’t stand a chance. I don’t know why it’s bothering me though. I never stood a chance winning a race yet I used to run those all the time. There’s just something different about CrossFit. I WANT to be good at it and for some reason that scares me.
- Speaking of fear. I love — love, love, LOVE — this piece of advice from Jim Carrey.
- In other news, FitBloggin’ is full steam ahead! Logistics are all almost figured out and sponsor support has really grown the last few weeks — check it out! It was a little hairy there for a few months so I’m breathing a small sigh of relief.
- GreenLiteBites has seen busier times but I did post a fun tuna salad idea yesterday and a cool stuffed pork loin recipe the family wasn’t too impressed with (but I was). I also have a 3 bean salad post planned but I haven’t had time to write it all out yet.
- This probably warrants its own post but I’m not sure I’ll have time to get to it so I want to mention it here. Check out the Turn it Around movement…
Here’s the scene: You’re standing in line at the check-out counter of your local grocery store. What do you see? Candy. Gum. Magazines. What’s on the cover of many of those magazines? A half-naked, heavily airbrushed, extraordinarily thin female model or celebrity. These images encourage people to see women as objects, valuable only for how they look.And now you’re trapped! Even if it isn’t a magazine you would ever buy, you’re stuck looking at it.
I love it! And I’ve thought this topic before. I was going to do a post about how a specific “athletic wear” company only used one type of model in their catalog, like all fit females have the same body shape. It’s infuriating. Anyway, like I said it probably warrants its own post just like…
- …this quote from an interview with a Victoria’s Secret Model in Self magazine…
“If I look in the mirror and see cellulite — and I have some, every woman does! — I run the Santa Monica Stairs. They’re really hard. I’ll go up and down the  steps four to six times, usually once a week.” —Alessandra Ambrosio in this article.
Isn’t that depressing on multiple levels? Ugh.
- Ok, I feel I need to end on a positive note so here goes…
The Soon-To-9-Year-Old-In-Like-2-Days and I found a super cute box turtle this week on one of our walks. We only kept him for a day and let him go hear a pond behind our house. I love that I get to explore nature with my kids. :)
OK, was that random enough for you? I’m off for a quick run before getting the 3-year-old from preschool and looking forward to 10 minutes of me time.
Have a great weekend. I will try to pop in with a competition update and you can be sure a Sensational Birthday Sunday!