- Blog Topics
I’m writing from our cave of a cabin (we have an interior cabin, no window) aboard the Grandeur of the Sea while docked in Bermuda. I know, crazy right? I can’t believe I’m in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!
The Husband is snoring next to me so I decided to take a minute and update. I’ve been pretty disconnected this trip as the Internet costs are OUTRAGEOUS and finding wi-fi that works on the island has posed quite a challenge.
At first it freaked me out as I never walk away from the blogs fully but then I decided to go with it. Everything will still be there when I get back. Right?
Anyway, I did splurge on a few minutes of access just to post this and say we’re alive. I probably won’t be online again until Friday so I’ll share some fun updates now…
10. When you’re married to someone afraid of heights you take your embarking photo near a window.
That was us leaving Baltimore on Saturday. The Husband is not too fond of being near the edge on the upper decks so we had someone take our photo in a much safer location. lol
9. It’s super easy to be active on these cruise ships. I’ve started every morning (except today) on the upper deck with a short run and some stretching. My hamstring is STILL not right but it’s getting there. I’m hoping to add some distance to my runs once I get home. I’ve been pretty much keeping it under 2 miles for weeks now.
8. Elevator? What elevator? I’m happy to say The Husband has been completely on board (pun intended) with my stairs-only policy!
7. Stairs aren’t the only thing I’m climbing!
I’ve tried 2 routes on the ship’s rock wall already. I have at least 2 more attempts in me to climb the hardest one. I need to climb more. It’s seriously one of my favorite things to do!
6. Docking in Bermuda was surreal.
Everything looked fake! I’ve only seen water that blue in man-made water parks, palm trees have always looked plastic to me and The Husband is standing in front of a cruise liner we sailed halfway across the Atlantic. I was definitely having a is-this-really-happening moment.
5. When you see a big beach chair you sit in a big beach chair.
I mean, how could I not?
4. Waiting for a family of chickens to cross the road in front of you will make you miss your kids.
It was one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen or heard!
3. One day I’ll be confident enough to wear this hat.
2. When you’re on an island, even public transportation provides the most amazing views.
I took that photo while riding the bus to the beach!
And the No. 1 update from my anniversary vacation is…
1. When a man offers to carry your purse on beach so you can take pictures of paradise he’s a keeper.
Thirteen years and going strong. Right now I’m a little pissed he’s sleeping in… AGAIN. I don’t get it, never will, but we make a good team and every day I’m grateful to share this life with him.
Hope you’re having a great week! “See” you Friday. :)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Subscribe to Roni's Weigh!I'm having subscription problem. While I work things out please click here to Subscribe!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.