- Blog Topics
That’s me and The-NOW-8-Year-Old after my first-ever 10 mile run. It was the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in 2009 and I can’t lie, I had a tear in my eye as I reread my own recap — click here to read it.
It’s not a particularly emotional post, it’s just that I get emotional when I think about how far I’ve come. It was really easy for me to recapture the sense of accomplishment I felt when I crossed that finish line 5 years ago. At that time I was running less than a year and it was really something I thought I was incapable of doing.
Anyway, I thought I would be fun to peek back at the past 5 years in honor of Throwback Thursday. I’ve been having a lot of fun sharing photos on Facebook and the blog is even cooler because I get to read my own thoughts from the past.
- 4 years ago this week we had a great discussion on the all or nothing mentality — click here to read it.
- 3 years ago this week I shared this quote while trying to lose baby weight from No. 2 — click here to read it and see my old food journal when I was trying the New WW plan
- 2 years ago I was training for my first Mudder! <– hysterical video post with a crazy workout my trainer had me do. lol
- 1 year ago I was doing #YogaADay! — Click here to see the photos. I kind of miss it!!
In other news…
- I posted a new smoothie idea on GreenLiteBites – Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Last week I posted about travel guilt on The Unworldly Travelers as I planned a few trips for the year.
- I’m excited to share some new FitBloggin’ sponsors!! Click here to check out our latest supporters.
- Yesterday I spent lunch with my friend while we worked on our children’s book! We hope to have it ready in the next new months!
- And finally, I’m almost done with my new site for RoniNoone.com. It’s been slow going but I’m really excited about it as it’s the first step towards my rebranding plans.
On those notes, I’m going to bed! Here’s today’s food journal. I’m liking the structure it’s giving me to post them again.
|Slice of whole wheat toast with some almond butter and a drizzle of honey||Ate in the car on the way to the gym at 5:30 this morning.|
|Bowl of Special K Protein with frozen wild blueberries and almond milk||Cereal day with the kids before school|
|Grapes||Stomach was rumbling so I grabbed some grapes while working|
|THIS exact salad — I love it!||I was *this* close to going out with the husband for lunch but decided to make my salad instead!|
|Carrots and single-serve hummus||I’m so glad I bought these!!|
|Triscuits||Grabbed a handful as I was wrapping up my workday|
|Bread burgers (what we do when we run out of buns) with raw cucumber and pepper strips on the side||Dinner… I needed to make something easy.|
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Subscribe to Roni's Weigh!I'm having subscription problem. While I work things out please click here to Subscribe!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…