It’s good old brain dumping time. I need to get out of this head of mine.
I thought it would be fun to a Good, Bad and Ugly addition but I’m going to reverse the order because it’s always better to end on the positive. Don’t you think?
- I have finally contracted the nasty stomach virus that as been going around and let me tell you… it’s UGLY. This is me right now all bundled up eating my canned soup.
- In addition, my house is in utter disarray. I’m not kidding when I say we are entering crack house status. I’m seriously thinking of taking the afternoon off just so I can make a dent.
- My lack-of-sleep problem is getting REALLY annoying. As someone who’s never had trouble sleeping — besides the times I had infants in the house — this is hitting me especially hard. Last night I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and just laid there with my thoughts. Thankfully I did dose back off within the hour so it wasn’t as bad as the night before. I’m definitely chalking it up to perimenopause as I’m also experiencing most of the other symptoms on this list.
- Then again it could also be a bit of stress as FitBloggin‘ nears. We are still frantically trying to find a sneaker sponsor (lots of interest — no commitments yet) and we have a handful of additional sponsors waiting to get budget approvals before they sign. Meanwhile, I’m quite shy of my revenue goals and it looks like I may gave to cut a lot of corners this year. I hate cutting corners. It’s not like the conference won’t happen; it’s just not as fun to plan when you are pinching pennies.
- My laptop is a DISASTER right now and it’s really crimping my work style. Two weeks ago I had to have my hard drive replaced and I lost everything. It was time consuming and annoying more than catastrophic. However, now that I put the time in to restore what I could, it’s STILL acting up. Now I have to get back to Apple to see if it’s fixable again. BAH!
So much good! Really… this is why I’m ending with it. :)
- First, I finally posted about our Spring Break Roadtrip in California. Click here to see the 8-Year-Old and I explore the Pacific coast. We had a blast. I even embedded a map of our entire trip!
- The children’s book I’m working on with my friend David is almost done!! It’s called Little Bean’s Funderwear Day and it’s based on my strategy for potty training. If anyone has been reading the blog for a REALLY long time you may remember this post in 2008 when I was potty training my first. I took that experience and turned it into a story for Little Bean. I’m hoping to publish it this summer. Click here to see the illustration style. So fun!
- I mention the book as one of the things I’m most excited about in an interview with Laura Williams on her Girls Gone Sporty Podcast. Click here to check it out. I talk her ear off about blogging, the conference and #wycywc.
- Speaking of #wycwyc Carla and I may have an interested publisher in a #wycwyc book!! We really have to spend some time on it but the prospect is exciting.
- I made DietToGo’s must follow list of 15 Health and Wellness Experts. Not sure I’m comfortable with the title “expert” but hey, they have me right next to Jillian Michaels so I’m not complaining.
- I didn’t make a big deal about it as it’s not quite finished but I did finally launch a new bio site under RoniNoone.com. In the next few weeks I hope to embark on a complete redesign of all my sites (this one, GreenLiteBites and TheUnworldyTravelers) based on the new RoniNoone.com. They will all still be separate — the ship has really sailed on that decision — but I want them to at least look like they are all a part of the same family. I know it’s not that big of a deal but I’m really excited about it.
- FitBloggin’ may be on the “bad” list but in the good department I’ve been able to add more and more detail to our agenda — click here to check it out. Things seem to be moving more slowly this year but I’m really happy with the sponsors we’ve signed to date and how the schedule is shaping up.
- I’m not sure if this is good but it’s something I’ve been having fun with. For years I’ve lurked on tumblr not really ready to embrace it. I created a small page over there where I’m just sharing things that catch my eye. It’s fun. Click here to check it out. If you have a tumblr page let me know, I’d love to follow you!
- And Finally, Saturday the Husband and I embark on our 13th Anniversary Adventure! If you remember last year we road tripped it to Vermont and had an AMAZING time. I even got The Husband to zip line!
This year we are cruising to Bermuda right from Baltimore — remember, he’s not the biggest fan of flying. I’m really looking forward to this trip. We reserved an interior cabin so I’m actually hoping it helps me catch up on some sleep! Plus The Husband and I desperately need some alone time. We’ve both been really busy lately.
That’s it, I think. I feel like I’m forgetting to tell you something but, oh well. It will have to wait. I need to wrap up a few more things on the computer before I blast some music and start to clean. I’m really not joking. Crack house.