As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’ve been fighting the funk. This happens from time to time and I’ve learned the best way to deal is by getting back to basics.
- Food Journal. I know I said I was giving it up but in times like this I need and depend on it. The structure and accountability give me a shot of motivation and I really enjoy sharing it. Click here to see today’s.
- Water! Sometimes I get lazy with it and I don’t know why. I swear it makes the biggest difference for me. Today I kept a water bottle by my side and sipped continuously.
- Portion Control. I have a nasty habit of mindlessly eating out of bags. So today I took the extra effort to weigh out servings. This helps me eat much more consciously because, seriously, I could inhale a bag of pistachios (or anything, really) without even noticing.
- Get Creative. Tonight I made something completely new for dinner. Pistachio and Oat-Crusted Tilapia — click here for the recipe.
Taking the extra effort to get creative with food is always more satisfying than quickly grabbing or preparing my old standbys, particularly when I’m in a funk.
- Fun Distractions and Focus. It’s not an oxymoron, I swear! (OK, maybe it is.) Today I had to take my laptop in for repairs (bad hard drive). While I was out I stopped at Teavana at the mall and indulged in some really good green tea, which I’m enjoying right now!— Fun distraction. Then I came home and got lost in my work — Focus. Getting things accomplished always helps my mood and totally distracts me from the old funk.
Maintaining my weight for almost 9 years I’ve learned funks will come and funks will go. Recognizing and acknowledging is the first step to actively dealing with it head on.
Hope you had a great Monday! I was hoping to launch a new challenge today but with my competition this weekend and trip with the 8-year-old planned for Monday I decided to put it off until next week. If you have any ideas I’m all ears!
I’m off to watch The Following. Good Night! :)