…and my 8-year-old called me out on it.
I was doing great! Two months ago I blogged about 10 ways I would be pushing myself out of my comfort zone in 2014 — Click here to read it. They were my New Year’s resolutions, in a way. I just didn’t want to call them that.
Regardless, I’m kicking butt on them! Here’s a few updates…
10. #wycwyc The Book! Carla and I were bouncing around self publishing but it looks like we may have an interested publisher for our wycwyc.com book idea! I’ll keep you posted as things progress!
9. 26.2 miles baby! I’m registered for the Rock and Roll Vegas Marathon in November 2014. Training will start early July. I’ll post more about it then.
7. Enter CrossFit Open. Registered! Check out my “Athlete Page.”
6. Second adventure with Ryan. Flight booked! Posted more about this on the travel blog!
5. Husband adventure! Anniversary trip booked!
4. Rebrand all my sites. In the works! Phase 1 should be completed in the next couple of weeks.
3. Get certified to belay. DONE! Already took the 8-year-old!
2. Up my video production. Have a few ideas but haven’t done a video all year yet.
1. Zippy, as in ZERO, nada, absolutely NO FAT TALK. This is the one I broke yesterday.
I was doing so good! I caught myself a few times and shrugged off the fat thoughts. I actually thought back to that post and my promise to myself and refuse to verbalize them.
It was working.
Then all of a sudden, yesterday right after I got dressed I blurted out,
“Ugh! I feel so fat today.”
I didn’t even think before I said it. I just came out of me.
From the other room I heard the 8-year-old say,
“But Mom, you aren’t even close to being fat.”
Then I cringed.
- I felt guilty that my son heard it.
- I was mad at myself for feeling it, thinking it and saying it.
Ugh! Will I ever be cured of these ridiculous mind games! Stupid inner mean girl.
Regardless of my baggage I really need to watch myself around the boys. I’ve been trying hard to be a strong, independent, active role model.
I just needed to confess that. I may have made a No-Fat-Talk Promise to myself but when those thoughts do emerge, talking about them helps to quiet them. It’s like standing up to a bully and that’s exactly what the inner mean girl is.
Anyway, I kept my food journal today and posted on both my food and travel blog…
First up is a dish I made in Cozumel called a sope…
Second is all about the my adventure in Grand Cayman with Mom…
Click here to read about it and see some photos from the island. We really had a blast last week!
Here’s the journal. I’m trying to get to bed early tonight! Good night!
|Large apple||Ate while driving to the gym|
|Recovery Shake (2% milk, maple syrup, whey protein, cocoa powder)||Post-workout drink I drink while stretching|
|The homemade black bean chili I made yesterday with Brown Rice Popchips||Fun lunch. I used the chili as a salsa and ate my lunch with the chips|
|Popcorn and Raisinettes||At the movies with the 8-year-old since he had off school today|
|Handful of cashews||Snack while playing Sorry with the family|
|Spaghetti squash with homemade sauce, a sausage link, sauteed sugar snap peas and a leftover chicken finger||Our pasta nights are always a mish-mash|
|2 Kashi cookies and a chamomile tea||Dessert. Craving something sweet to much on with my tea. I’m a dipper.|