You Can’t Get Much Done…

So the weather reports were right. We got about 8 inches of snow and it’s frigid out there! The wind is brutal!

Everyone seems to be hibernating. Both the school and daycare were even closed.

I, on the other hand, was determined to get at least a mile in to keep up my #2014RunStreak.

Screen shot 2014-01-03 at 11.19.04 PM

So I bundled up in as many layers as I could stand and headed out. Thankfully I have a community right behind me with a loop around a cul de sac that is almost exactly a mile from my door and with the snow there is barely any traffic.

I did a quick mile and felt GREAT!

Screen shot 2014-01-03 at 11.30.18 PM

Note: My instinct was to say, “I ONLY got a mile in.” but I refuse to say that because a mile is a mile is a mile. I’m done selling myself short.

Some people may think I’m crazy, like my husband, but that’s OK. I enjoyed my cold, snowy run and I’m having a blast using my streak as a fun way to stay active.

“You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” — Jerry West

And you can’t reach your goals if you wait for everything to be perfect. Even things like the weather.

Have a great weekend guys! I’ll be back Sunday. :)

maria trains

January 4, 2014

Way to go Roni! :) A mile is a mile is a mile. :)

Becca R

January 4, 2014

That is very impressive. Here in Michigan it is brutal out as well, but I force myself to get out and go to the gym even when I want to stay warm in my home.

nancyabc

January 4, 2014

Love your last line—-I really need to take that to heart. Little steps are better then no steps. I kinda of left that thinking behind 6 months ago–but it seems possible again. Thanks for making the light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter.

Tara

January 5, 2014

this is so motivational! And I love that you added that you fought yourself to say “I only got a mile in” because that is so me! I get down on myself if I don’t meet my own CRAZY expectations! Instead of celebrating my little ones! That is something I am trying to change and focusing on! love it!

RG

January 5, 2014

I’ve been having a rough time with the weather recently. I’ve tried pushing through it, but I don’t like reinforcing an association between running and being miserable, since it usually isn’t. So jealous it’s worked for you! I wonder if your higher fitness level is the reason, that I just don’t generate enough heat to compensate for being cold/wet. I did remember today to sit in my parked car just to enjoy the sunshine, which felt really great.

Shobelyn Dayrit

January 5, 2014

Amazing motivation and determination. I am wishing so hard to be like you.

katie

January 5, 2014

You’re absolutely right – a mile is a mile, and having the dedication to get bundled up and go do it is worthy of kudos all by itself! Good for you!

Shauna

January 5, 2014

Get it! When I ran yesterday in the frigid temps I got honks from people. Couldn’t decide if they were congratulating me or hoping I’d fall over and roll into traffic because the world didn’t need crazy people like me… LOL

Kate Scott

January 5, 2014

You’re awesome for getting out in this weather!!