As this year comes to a close, I’m in total planning mode. A long time ago I learned to stop talking about doing things and actually DO things.
This is what I have in the works for 2014 …
10. #wycwyc The Book! A few months ago I issued a #wycwyc challenge and it’s really taking off. This weekend I soft launched wycwyc.com and Carla and I are working on a fun #wycwyc book to inspire and challenge people to drop the perfection mindset so they can finally break the yo-yo dieting cycle of hell.
9. 26.2 miles baby! I’m doing it, again! I registered for the Rock and Roll Vegas Marathon in November 2014. I really want to train for and run another one since not being fully prepared for my first in 2009.
8. Continuing CrossFit Competitions. I’m not sure which ones beyond the Gemini Games I’m registered for in January but I plan on competing in as many as I can locally, and one day my goal is to compete at the Rx level. Right now I’m scaled.
7. Enter CrossFit Open. I know, I know… obsessed but I really do enjoy the challenge of CrossFit. I have this fantasy that maybe one day I’ll be competitive at the Masters level (translation: old people division). It’s a pipe dream, I know, but a girl can dream. Right now I’ll just settle for having an “Athlete Page.” That’s crazy!
6. Second Adventure with Ryan. This year we rafted the Green River…
When I asked him what he wanted to do in 2014 he said, “Go to Hollywood!” so I’m figuring out how to make that happen and turn it into a California Adventure. I’ll keep you posted.
5. Husband Adventure! This isn’t really pushing me out of my comfort zone but rather just sticking to my commitment to travel and seize opportunities. This year after our Vermont Adventure we made a commitment to take a trip for our anniversary annually. It’s a fun challenge as he doesn’t like to fly so we look for things we can do on the road, or in next year’s case, on a boat! That’s right, we’re taking a cruise! We just booked it as our Christmas gift to ourselves. It’s surprisingly affordable for a vacation when you choose an interior cabin and have no airfare.
4. Rebrand All My Sites. This is such an undertaking and one I’ve been fearing for some time. I hired a designer to help me design RoniNoone.com …
Now I just have to build it. Ugh. Then the next step is to cascade and update this site, GreenLiteBites and TheUnworldlyTravelers. I don’t want them to all look the same but I want them to relate. I’m tired of feeling like a schizophrenic blogger. Note: This may actually take ALL YEAR.
3. Get Certified to Belay. It’s on my Bucket list and it’s time. I want to start rock climbing more. I LOVE it but it’s just something I’m not doing. Once The Husband’s tennis schedule clears and after winter soccer I’m hoping to sneak in the class and then commit to going at least monthly.
2. Up My Video Production. I have so many ideas to do more videos but it’s SO time consuming and they are a little out of my wheelhouse. Recently I had fun putting together this one for the travel blog …
But I have a lot to learn. I’m even considering taking a class at the local community college.
1. Zippy, as in ZERO, nadda, absolutely NO FAT TALK. I can’t guarantee I won’t have fat thoughts but I will not verbalize them. I will not put on clothing and ask if it makes me look fat. I will not confess to the Husband that I feel thick and gross. I will not validate my inner mean girl in any way, shape or form. And if I blog about feeling fat you had better call me out on it. Actually, come to think of it THIS may be New Year’s Resolution. Hmm, that gives me an idea. I haven’t hopped on the resolution bandwagon in a while but this is one I can get behind.
Anyway, I just thought I’d share my crazy plans. It always makes me feel better to get them out of my head and on paper. I’m such a check-off-the-list-type of girl.