I had one of those day where I looked back and wondered what the heck I accomplished now that’s it’s 9 p.m. I’m not sure what happens but it feels like the day consistently gets faster. Know what I mean? It’s like the morning is a comfortable pace, then lunch hits and it’s BAM it’s 2 p.m then FLASH the 8-year-old is getting off the bus and then ZOOM dinner… baths… bed… crap where’d the day go?
Anyway, I didn’t really have a post planned today but when I got my congratulation message from Fitbit on my phone it hit me.
If you don’t know, I got a Fitbit a few months ago and I am really loving the feedback it gives me. I’ll use today as an example — for as busy as I was, I really needed to go out of my way to hit the 10,000 step goal, even with going to the gym first thing in the morning.
Here’s today’s chart.
The spike in the morning is CrossFit and the spike in the afternoon was my #wycwyc today when I decided to get my butt out of the office chair and walk to pick up the toddler at daycare instead of driving.
Middle of the day? Well that me working on my computer. It’s so darn easy for me to get lost in what I’m doing, whether it’s writing, scripting or designing. Hours easily go by and I don’t even notice, and that’s what I love about this stupid little device. It helps me be more conscious of it.
Just an observation I wanted to share. You don’t NEED a Fitbit-type device to move more throughout the day — it just helps you be more aware and that’s where the inspiration came from for the #wycwcy challenge.
Anyway, in other news (I’m jonesin’ for a brain dump):
- I posted a new video on GreenLiteBites about my go-to breakfast I’m calling Spinach Egg Cake Breakfast and I canNOT wait to share a new soup idea I made over the weekend. It’s so stinkin’ good!
- FitBloggin’14 planning is under way! Right now speaker applications are being accepted and we are working on a new site. And I don’t think I’ve shared this video yet but if you ever wanted to know what FitBloggin’ is like check out our new promotional video on YouTube!
- The travel blog has seen more active days but I recently blogged about making travel a priority for my kids and Jen shared her recent debacle in NY.
- I have a new post on the Humana Vitality blog about breaking out of a workout run.
- I also have a new post on The Laughing Cow blog about on my favorite dinner nights ever: Taco Night!
- This weekend is Tough Mudder Kentucky!! I’m excited especially since it may be the last one for the year for me. I was planning on North Carolina in November but I’m not sure I’ll be able to swing it now.
I’ll be back tomorrow with this week’s Top 10 list inspired by everyone’s favorite candy-filled holiday that’s fast approaching.