I don’t think I anticipated how crazy my September was going to be. I knew it was kicking off a busy fall with school starting, soccer practice, Boy Scouts, my Mudder Schedule, and FitBloggin’ planning, but I’m only 9 days in and my head is spinning.
I can’t complain, it’s all good stuff and all of my own doing. I learned a long time ago that I’m happier and more content when busy. I just need to do a brain dump every once in a while and get all the swimming thoughts out of my head.
First, let me apologize for no Sensational Sunday post yesterday. I had all intentions of posting one but The Husband and I had a little spat in the evening and frankly, it ruined my night. We’re over it now but it really threw off the end of what really was a Sensational Sunday!
I did snap a few photos …
The kids were in rare form yesterday.
We were having a blast while I let The Husband sleep in as I was away all day yesterday scoping out hotels in Savannah, Ga., for FitBloggin’. I dragged Jen with me and we explored as much as possible in the 2 free hours we had.
I loved it as a host city for FitBloggin’14! Fingers crossed on this one so I can move forward with planning. I’m also working with WPSiteCare on a whole new FitBloggin’ site, which is why I’ve been quiet overall on that side of things, but I hope to have some fun announcements in the next few weeks.
Anyway, after a fun morning with the kids, The Husband and I packed everyone in the car and headed to Baltimore Comic-Con.
We went a couple of years ago when Little Bean was just a baby — click here to see those photos — but it’s a whole new experience with a toddler. Fun! But it’s exhausting managing an excited 8-year-old, bored 2-year-old and geek husband.
We did discover Ninjasaur, and if you have a boy between the ages of 7 and 12 I’m guessing they would be really into it.
Our spat happened right after Comic-Con and a quick grocery shopping. We have both been overwhelmed and it just came to a head. Thankfully we didn’t go to bed angry. We gave each other some space, each apologized and moved on. Love that he’s my partner through all the craziness of life.
So that pretty much sums up my weekend. This is what I have in the works…
1. I’m starting with an update on my stolen photos. They are STILL being used on Facebook and lots of people have been reaching out to me about their before-and-after photos being stolen as well. Now I’m on a mission. If you know anyone who also had this happen, share this Facebook post with them. I want to tell their REAL stories and get some press behind this. I want to make these diet companies think twice before stealing someone else’s photos.
2. In addition to a new FitBloggin’ site I’m also working on a whole new image for myself. RoniNoone.com is in serious need of an update and I want a more branded, professional image to market and promote myself as a blogger, speaker, spokesperson, and brand ambassador. I’ve been doing this long enough that it may be time to actually get a professional head shot taken! Plus, right now I feel a bit disjointed with my multiple blogs. I’m hoping a new look will be the start of bringing all of my blogging initiatives together a little more cohesively.
3. Tough Mudder this weekend! I’m traveling to St. Louis to run the Tough Mudder with Kim and her entourage! She has created a large group and I’m so excited to experience the Mudder with her. Click here to learn a bit about Kim. I’m going to share an email she sent me later this week too. Oh! and check out her Tumblr!
4. My First CrossFit competition is next weekend! Me? freaking out? No, who would say such a thing? Oh because I AM FREAKING OUT. I don’t feel like I’m ready. I’ve been having a hard time with my “regular” workouts lately and now I’m questioning why I’m even doing this. I know it’s all just jitters. This is what happens every time I shove myself out of my comfort zone and in the end it’s always worth it. There are 20 women in my division so what’s the worst that can happen? Twentieth place. I can deal with that.
5. #WYCWYC is going strong. If you are starting to see that tag on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and am scratching your head, click here for the deets.
(OK, I just said “deets,” it’s time to go.)
I hope you had a great weekend!