A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In

Super quick this morning! I’m on my way out the door. It’ vacation time!

The husband and I are heading to Vermont for a 5-day anniversary getaway. I’m ecstatic! And so is he. We haven’t taken an old-fashioned road trip without kids for years and it’s one of our favorite things to do.

Anyway, I hopped on the scale and wasn’t too surprised by what it showed me.

20130501_weighin

I’ve been eating out too much, not drinking my water and snacking a little more than normal. It’s all good though. I FEEL fantastic and that has always been my ultimate goal. Not to mention, I had a HUGE NSV (Non-scale victory this week.)

I bought this bathing suit on a whim without trying it on.

c6ed76acb1bf11e2aea022000a9d0ee7_7

I fell in love with it and it was pretty cheap, but I had the kids with me and getting everyone in the dressing room was just not going to happen.

So I tried it on yesterday and I LOVE it!

83a83348b1d611e293a322000a1f92e9_7

As someone who agonized over bathing suit purchases since her preteen years, I can’t almost believe this myself and I’m the one who bought the darn thing!

Anyway, I thought I’d share before heading out. The suit is packed and I’m ready to go!

Hope your week went well. Looking forward to your updates!

Julie

May 1, 2013

Congrats on the bathing suit! And you look great! Have a wonderful time on your anniversary trip to Vermont!

Mo

May 1, 2013

We honeymooned in Vermont. Enjoy!

crazylady

May 1, 2013

Oh Roni, this is my first time to participate in the Weds weigh in. To be honest I avoid the scale like crazy because it totally gets inside my head but I still need accountability as I found out when I weighed myself this morning.

238lbs

This is the heaviest I have EVER been and right now I can’t see for a second how I’m going to turn this around. Sure I know what I should do but I just don’t do it. I’m also a massive emotional eater and suffer from depression for which I take anti-depressants and I’m going to therapy. I know I will work things out in the end but today I have to admit it all seems impossible!

On a brighter note I hope you have a fab anniversary getaway and wear your new bathing suit with pride! It’s fab and so are you.

LisaM

May 1, 2013

Can I make a suggestion on turning this thing around? As impossible as it sounds, it really is true that physical activity will help your meds & therapy do their thing better. If you’re not exercising already, how about trying it NOT for the weight loss reason, but for the reason that you’re already putting in a lot of hard work, so why not maximize your possibility of success to get the depression licked? And it doesn’t take a Tough Mudder either – just get outside for a while! Good luck!!!

nancyabc

May 1, 2013

Try a few things to start with and add new things as the weeks go by this has helped me in the past to get started.

Trixie

HW: 215.5
    CW: 162 (up .6)
    GW: 155
    H: 5’7″
    Age: 40

I’m up by .6 this week, and it was well earned. Yesterday was one of my biggest work days of the year, and it all went well – but with all of the organizing, prepping and planning – the eat less, move more, healthy choices took a less than prominent role. Back on track with a great breakfast this morning, a healthy packed lunch and feeling good. Looking forward to hearing how others’ weeks went.

Roni – have a wonderful vacation with your hubby – how wonderful. And you’re rockin’ that suit!

Pattie Welch

May 1, 2013

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time away. I’d love to know where you found that suit. It is so cute. Have fun.

Imacrazymomof4

HW: 200+ when pg
    CW: 129.8 (+.8)
    GW: 120’s
    Age: 43
    Ht: 5’6

Good for you with the suit! I normally feel the same way about this time of year but the work does pay off! Up a smidge this week but its all good…I’m still in the safety zone. Gearing up for a 5 day getaway to Hilton Head with my Hunny the end of this month, so I’m hoping to get a better cushion by then so I can enjoy myself without much worry. It’s amazing how much different you feel when the weather starts to get warmer! My outlook has been much more positive…Yay! Have a great time away!!

LisaM

HW: 180+
    CW: 156
    GW: 150
    H: 5’6″
    Age: 52

OK, the time has come for me to get back at it. The schedule is clear and priorities are set. I bounced along at +3 lbs from my Goldilocks weight for a long time, and that was fine. But +6 is NOT. Would love to get back to where I need to be by July 4, for a true Independence Day. (BTW, I’m shorter, older, and less fit, so 150 won’t look as good on me as it does on you Roni. You are rocking that 2 piece – hope you did a happy dance in the mirror when you put it on!)

nancyabc

May 1, 2013

What a wonderful time to get away and enjoy the spring weather–hope you have a great time. I have been working on things this week and I am down 1 pd. Need to keep going and try a bit harder.

Dukebdc

May 1, 2013

Too tired to do the usual stats. Up another pound to 126.2 this morning. My goal range is 120-125, so the klaxon alarms are going off now. If I can cut down the junk and eat more real food, I’ll have more energy (regardless of whether the scale moves), and will not feel so blah and worn down all the time. Want to be back comfortably in my goal range by Memorial Day. Totally doable.

annie

HW: 260 (pg)
    CW: 223 (+0.4)
    GW: I90
    H: 5’8″
    age: 36

well, up a total of 3 lbs this month. between sickness and school i am out of my routine. i keep tracking as much as i can and am holding on for another week.

i think i forgot to share i got in my wetsuit and went surfing 2 weeks ago. it was a *huge* goal for me and while the wetsuit was TIGHT and i was out of shape from being sick i did it and it was amazing to be back out on the ocean

roni, love the suit! have a great vaca, hope you all had a great week

Sheri J

May 1, 2013

Can you say JEALOUS?! Vacay, time with the hubs, and rocking a bikini! You GO girt!!

Now back to me…

HW 305
    CW 249.8(-3.4)
    GW 150
    HT 5’3″
    Age 56

I think I’m on the other side of the plateau! And look! In the 240’s. Its been a llloonnggg time since I’ve seen the 240’s! Yeah me!

Sheri J

May 1, 2013

Major afterthought. Age 57 as of today…

Aimee

CW: 146.8 (+3.2)
    Last week: 143.6
    GW: 137 lbs
    Highest weight: 208 lbs

H: 5′ 2”

Age: 39

Last week’s all time low of 143.6 was in response to a stomach bug so inevitably my weight slowly inched back up as I have begun feeling better and eating again. However, I have been tracking on Spark People, my calories are in a healthy range but on the low end and I’m exercising as usual. I had hoped to only bounce up a pound or two. Oh well it is what it is. I keep reminding myself to trust in the process and it will work.

Happy anniversary Roni!! Have a fabulous time in Vermont! I am from Western Mass so we head to Vermont a few times a year. It is such a peaceful place to visit. I’ve been eyeing that resort you’re going to so I look forward to hearing more about it.

NatMcC

HW: 184.6
    CW: 159.2 (+.2)
    GW: 145
    H: 5’7″

Well lack of exercise and eating out too much can do it. Husband has been transferred to London for 6mos, he’ll come home every six weeks. I already miss him and it is only day 3 BUUUTTTT…I have 6wks to focus on only ME! Pack my lunches, eat dinner at home, not be tempted to go out, go for runs/walks, and I signed up for another month of barre classes. I set a goal that by June 14 (his first trip back home) I want to be 150. I can do it. I will do it. No excuses.

And YAY Roni for a vacation with just the husband!! Have so much fun! Ignore the computer and blogs for 5 days and ENJOY every second of the vacation and the husband! We’ll all still be here when you get back! You desreve the little breather.

whosallysparrow

HW: 246
    CW: 218.2 (-2)

GW: 145
    H: 5’9″

I continue to be baffled by the scale. I keep losing when I’m not trying, and gaining when I am! Oh well…*sigh*

Liam Rubel

May 2, 2013

Though you haven’t managed to maintain the weight but still you are in good mood to enjoy whatever it comes. This calmness only motivates you to stay determined to your weight loss goals. Enjoy your trips without gaining more weight.

meredith

May 2, 2013

I did my WI on sunday… due to scheduling conflicts w/ my normal Wed. WI.
    Highest 260
    current 170 (-2.5)
    goal 160 ish
    hight 5’8 age 29
    have a great trip Roni!!

Jeri Lyn

May 2, 2013

HW: 200
    CW: 134 (GRRRRRR, up 1.2lbs from last week)
    GW: 125-130
    H: 5’4″
    AGE: 40
    Getting pretty tired of being up 2, down 2, up 2, down 2!!! :( STUPID SCALE!!! Deep breath. Moving on. NSV, got up twice again @ 4am to get in 3.5 miles on the treadmill before work. Planning on adjusting my snacking, I’ve kept the calories in control, but the snacks are pretty crappy/no nutrition, so i’m going to try choosing healthier snacks/food. Usually these bad snacks leave me feeling somewhat cruddy, so I don’t know why I keep eating them??
    As always, THANKS RONI!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY & have a great time on vacation. ROCK THAT BIKINI!!!

Julian P

May 5, 2013

I am on my weight loss journey, getting ready for summers. I really believe I will do it and will go on a nice vacation. Have a great time Roni, you are an amazing women and a motivator. Love you :)

Julian,

PureGarciniaCambogiaInfo.com

Sall-E

May 28, 2013

Looking great in that new bikini. Just goes to show that hard work, commitment, and persistence DOES pay off. Hope you had a great vacation!

Sall-E @ www.womenswalkingshoereview.com