- Blog Topics
I was in NO mood to cook. So I convinced The Husband a trip to Target and Panera would be a fun family outing for a Thursday night.
First, we hit the old Tar-jay and I picked up a foam roller per the physical therapist recommendation. I also had to get some wrapping paper for someone’s 2nd birthday this weekend. That someone was having an awfully good time learning how to push poppers around from Big Brother in the toy department.
We checked out and headed to Panera for dinner. That’s when I remembered the hidden menu! Don’t ask me WHY they decided to hide “the healthy items.” It makes no sense to me. I’m just happy they exist! Here’s the note from the Panera website…
Developed by Scott Davis, Panera Bread’s Chief Concept Officer, Panera’s “off-the-menu” dishes offer nourishing options that make sticking to New Year’s resolutions simple. All of these meal selections are an excellent source of protein and contain limited processed carbs. But you won’t find these items on banners in our cafes, or even on the menu board.
Here’s how you get the dishes — just tell one of our associates that you’re ordering from the “Hidden Menu” and they’ll take care of it from there.
The options range in calories from 190-360 and they are all like big salad bowls. Today I had the Power Steak Lettuce Wraps.
It was delicious! To see all the hidden choices and their nutritional values, click here.
I don’t think I’ll order one every time I go. I like their bread and sandwiches too much! My normal Panera strategy is simple: A You Pick 2 with a soup (bean, veggie or chicken noodle) and salad or sandwich. If I get the sandwich, my side is an apple. If I go with a salad, dressing is always on the side and I splurge on the baguette.
Their whole-grain baguette, my friends, is why I’ll never go Paleo. That and those darn chocolate duet cookies! I had half of one for dessert today. Yes, half, because I couldn’t justify double the calories in cookie form than I ate for dinner. It just didn’t seem right. lol
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.